Chapter 04

Minji's POV
After Jungkook told me he kissed Yeri I did nothing but cry and ditch school. It's been a week since I last saw either of them.

Sure both Jungkook and Yeri tried contacting me a few times but I turned off my phone or just deleted their messages without reading them. Jungkook even tried visiting me one time but I simply pretended I wasn't home.

Without notice I had many sleepless nights, every time I closed my eyes all I could see was Jungkook kissing Yeri.

Actually, I stayed up all night last night, I kept waiting for my tears to put me to sleep but it didn't.

I couldn't take a step out of my empty room as I forced myself into reality.

I came to accept it.

Today and tomorrow will be the same, Jeon Jungkook will be in love with Kim Yeri and me? Bae Minji will forever be an unrequited love.

My friend Suah and Suga was the only two people I talked to. I often talked to the other BTS members too but it was simple exchanges.

I held my phone in the air, thinking of Suah's message last night.

There was a group date next week and she needs another person to attend in place of a girl now with a broken arm.

I sighed and closed my eyes as I tried taking a short power nap.

The door bell rang and I winced. I just allowed it to continue ringing until the person gave up and just went home but of course they just kept trying until I got sick of listening to it ring.

I opened my eyes and rolled out of bed. Groaning and cursing under my breath at the person who was bothering me.

My back was aching, my face was bare and swollen, I was also wearing my pyjamas and bath robe but I couldn't care less about my looks right now.

I opened the door, scrawling and frowning but was startled by Jungkook's face.

His face brightened up as he saw I had finally opened the door. "Hey Minji, I haven't seen you in so long." He chuckled.

I didn't even know I existed to you anymore.

Jungkook smiled and ruffled my hair. At the hue slightest touch I could feel that electricity between our skin. I could smell his intoxicating scent and the soft caresses on my skin as he cupped my cheek.

Please stop.

Don't give me hope.

I swatted his hand away and his expression changed from warm to confusion and shock.

"Eh?"

Jungkook moved his hand again, attempting to cup my cheek again but I dodged it and took a step back away from him. His eyes brows knitted as he stepped closer to me but I put my hands on his chest and gave him a gentle push. He stiffened as he knew I was upset with him. Jungkook always knew if I was upset I wouldn't allow him to touch me which was rarely.

"Minji what's -" he stopped abruptly when he noticed the tears trickling down my face. Jungkook reached out to wipe my tears but I quickly wiped them myself.

I pushed him outside, not wanting him to see me cry.

"Please. Please just leave me alone." I pleaded with my voice cracking. I closed the door and slid down against the door.

Allowing myself to bawl my eyes out as I cried messily.

When I stopped crying I noticed I had been crying for one hour straight. The house was filled with silence, the only sound that could be heard was the ticking of the clock.