Chapter 21

1 chapter to go
_________________________

Tonight was the night. Where my relationship with Jungkook was going to be decided.

My face was covered in a thin coating of makeup. Lingering faintly off of me was a velvet sugar perfume that I used on rare occasions. The heart and key necklace was around my neck as I held the ivory mask in my hand. Wearing the lace shoes, they fit perfectly like the dress.

I stared at the mirror, the girl standing before me looked so vulnerable. It was suppose to be one of the greatest nights ever right? The school dance, the last school event before graduation.

Yet why was the mirror reflecting such a scornful expression?

Crackles of fireworks went off as Suga laid on the couch, resting on his side, with some movie on the television. Situated in front of him, a bag of thinly cut sour cream and onion chips, one quarter full. His eyes filled with sleepiness, he was slowly dozing off and prepared for passing out cold. 

Twirling the skirt of my dress around, Suga briefly peered up to look at me. "You look not ugly." I laughed humourlessly.

"Geez thanks oppa. That boosted my self esteem so much." I said, sarcasm taking over my tone. Suga rolled his eyes and picked up a chip before pointing the potato snack over to me. He eyed me from head to toe before shrugging.

Flickering his eyes back to the television, he ate the chip he was previously holding. "Don't use that tone on me. If you're looking for compliments go show Jin hyung; he was practically drowning Taehee in compliments when she was dressed in her hanbok last time." He said, not giving me another glance. "But anyway you always look nice so there's not much of a difference."

I smiled widely before receiving an embarrassed glare from Suga. He really can't give me a direct compliment. But that's pretty darn adorable.

Ever since Suga came to crash at my place, everything has been a lot more hectic – we often argued about meal plans, playing music too loud, horrible singing – trivial things. It was nicer to have another presence around the place, even if it was an old turtle stuck in the body of a young man.

Humming a small tune, I fixed my hair, letting the soft curled ends fall from my fingers. Everything was going down tonight, the answer I've been waiting for since I first fell for him. It's all or nothing.

A realisation came to my mind as I brushed the strands out of my face. "Oppa?" Suga hummed back as a response that he was listening.

"Are you currently interested in anyone?"

"Minji if you're talking about Kang Jun again then I'm going to –" I shook my hand from side to side, flailing it whilst pouting. He raised an eyebrow while slowly chewing on a potato chip, his forehead wrinkled and nose slightly crinkled.

I rubbed the nape of my neck and averted my eyes away from him, "I mean a girl that you like, a love interest?"

He shrugged, "Hyojin," was his curt answer. I bit my lower lip, sympathy evoking in my stomach as I tugged on the hem of my dress. Suga looked so nonchalant while he answered, everything about his answer was desolate and bleak.

Giving me a side glance, Suga snickered at my expression. "Don't look so upset. I'm okay alright? Look I'm happy with my life right now, stop frowning. Go have fun, dance with a few friends, take photos, eat something nice – hell go get drunk I won't say anything." He chuckled as he turned off the television. "I'll be heading over to our dorm and I'll probably stay in our company for the night so I'll see you tomorrow afternoon."

I smiled at his words and bobbed my head. It was nearly 5:45 and I needed to leave now to get there just before the doors closes. Picking up my side bag for the night, I pumped my fist in the air, mumbling a small fighting.