Chapter 18

4 chapters to go.
_______________________

Risk taking, it was something I was never the best at. Rather than taking a risk, I preferred to go down the easy path that might've been long but much safer.

However if I knew falling for Jungkook would be so difficult then what would I have chosen? Staying away and continuing to be a lone wolf? Or perhaps I would've just ended up falling for a less complicated boy.

I pulled out my phone and stared at my lock screen, after so long I had finally changed my old lock screen to a new picture of Suga piggybacking me while scowling and showing his middle finger to the camera which was being held by Namjoon. I felt like I needed a change, I knew I couldn't wait forever.

"Minji!" I briefly glanced to my side and found both Jimin and Taehee staring at me. That's right, I was out hanging with Jimin and Taehee for the day.

Remembering the last time we were suppose to hang out, I grimaced discreetly. Jungkook was being a jerk to me that day — at that point I knew I had lost all hopes of insanity but somehow Jun helped me through it.

Speaking of Jun, he's been even more awkward around me than before.

After he used that flirty pun on me, he just apologised and ran off with a red face. Ever since then he can't look me straight in the eye without becoming flustered or embarrassed. Needless to say, I found his flustered expression to be rather refreshing, seeing that he's usually so nonchalant.

"Sorry Unnie, Oppa. I'm just a little worried with graduation and everything." I explained, not bothering to mention my main troubles.

I played with a spoon and just watched as the steam coming from my tea expanded in the atmosphere. The bitter aroma of coffee mingled perfectly with the sweet smells of pastries and cakes. It was a particular smell that I favored highly. I could feel the cold, metallic texture of the silver utensil on my skin but it wasn't unpleasant and was somehow cooling my hot fingertips.

Taehee pat my head and ruffled my hair while Jimin squeezed my nose. "If you're having trouble then you can always come to us anytime. We're both always willing to help you." Jimin smiled, showing his cute eye smile.

A small became apparent on my face. Other than Suga and Jin, these two were always people I could count on.

"Except when you murder someone. We can't cover that up for you."

Jimin flicked Taehee on her forehead after she talked. He left out a breathy sigh and narrowed his eyes at the whining girl who was rubbing her forehead. "Yah Park Jimin! I was only telling the truth, you didn't have to hit me." She pouted.

Rolling his eyes, Jimin ignored her whine and sipped on his iced tea. "Back to our main point before my lovely girlfriend ruined everything." Taehee punched him on the arm but had no effect, making her pout deepen. Discreetly, Jimin smiled at her lovingly.

Envy filled my stomach as I wished for a relationship like the two shared.

Licking his lips, Jimin tucked a strand of Taehee's hair behind her ear. "Minji aren't you tired of chasing after him? I know Jungkookie is handsome and all but are you really going to throw away your high school experience for him? You're going to graduate soon, you should be preparing to go to the formal dance and stressing about exams. Not waiting every second to see if Jungkookie returns your feelings."

Jimin paused as Taehee continued, "Minji I lost a portion of my high school life and did nothing but sit around, waiting for the moment I'll just rot away. Nothing was working in my life, I hated going to school, I was all alone, I had no friends, I was being bullied and my whole family was separated."