the curse of Cornelius signal

Hello, to all! Season 2 has officially begun. I have to say I am extremely excited for this season, and have enjoyed writing it thus far.

Just so you know, you have no idea how much I love you guys. Seriously. Whenever I get little notification beeps from my phone and see that you readers have been favouriting, story alerting and reviewing my story, it makes my day. :D

So, I just wanted to say thank you for that. Truly, from the heart of my bottom...or the bottom of my heart. Either one.

PS: I have decided to keep this going as a single story, maybe cut it half-way or make season 3 a new story. Who knows? Only time can tell...

Welcome to Season 2!

In a land of myth, and a time of magic, the fate of a great Kingdom lies on the shoulders of a young girl. Her name, Merlynn...

It had been a very long year since Merlynn had come to Camelot that fateful day, and become Prince Arthur's servant. After the events of the Questing Beast, it had been a very simple, mellow year in comparison to what had happened.

Merlynn had found herself irrevocably in love with him, despite his many faults and flaws, which included his arrogant, prattish attitude toward her. He had softened the slightest bit, but she still sometimes felt the urge to glock him about the head when he teased her too much.

oOo

The blasted noise of the workers down in the mines were getting to him, pulsing through him mind in high-pitched, echoing clangs. Arthur's eyes shot open and he glowered at the door with ferocity - he couldn't sleep, what with the racket of the miners.

"Merlynn!" he shouted. There was no answer. "Mer - lynn!"

His 'faithful' servant rushed in, knuckling her eyes to rid them of the grit. She looked exhausted. It hadn't stopped in the past four days, and he had required her to be at his every beck and call night and day, as cruel as it sounded.

"Yes, Sire?" she murmured tiredly, and sniffed. Merlynn reopened her eyes and couldn't help but flush at Arthur being shirtless. She had seen it many times, what with his childish attitude of forcing her to dress him most mornings. But, he looked particularly handsome when his hair was ruffled, jaw clenched in irritation.

Arthur smirked wickedly as he noticed her eyes trail down to the deep v that disappeared beneath his breeches. "Merlynn, snap out of it. I know I'm unbelievably good-looking but that's no excuse to get distracted," he teased. Those cerulean orbs of hers snapped up to his face, blushing in embarrassment.

"Uh - what is it you needed?" she asked, trying to direct the topic away from her obvious ogling.

"Are you deaf?"

Merlynn frowned, then grimaced as a particular loud clang echoed through the room. "No, because then I wouldn't have to hear you while I try to sleep."

He rolled his eyes. "I want you to go down there and tell them to stop."

"The logical thing to do is to not head toward the noise." She noticed the expression on his face, and sighed. "But they're under the King's orders, Arthur." Her voice seemed to come out like a slight whine; she wasn't in the mood to go down to the mines to see a bunch of testosterone driven men working at stones.

Also, hearing the loud noises at such a close velocity wasn't exactly appealing.

"Yeah," he agreed, but added pointedly, "And you're working under mine."