Part 9

"What do you want? You're really spoilt for choice, I'm sorry."

You didn't have to contemplate, your fingers pointed nearly automatically between the popcorn and the fanciest donuts you had ever seen.

"I didn't think you were the cinnamon-roll-kind-of-girl" He laughs.

"Don't say that like it's something bad! Have you seen them, these aren't just cinnamon rolls... never mind. Your time to choose, Thomas." It was the first time you said his name in front of him and even though it was just such a tiny thing, it felt good.

"Hmmh..." He studied all the sweets very carefully what made you laugh again. "Today, I feel like vanilla ice cream." "I expected something a bit more spectacular to be honest." You interjected.

"Shh, I wasn't done yet, sweetheart." He said ironically, but it made you blush anyways.

He cleared his throat. "Today, I feel like vanilla ice cream with chocolate sprinkles, caramel sauce, strawberries and one of these waffles." "That's more like it. But how about one of these cocktail umbrellas?" "Good point. I'll take all that, please, with two little cocktail umbrellas." He told the middle aged woman with the ponytail who stood behind the stand. She started making his ice cream and in contrary to the Amazing-rollercoaster-guy, she seemed to enjoy her job.

"God, I'd be so fat if I had my own sweet stand."

Did you just say that out loud? Thomas looked at you with a shocked face. All you wanted to do was shrivel up or go back in time and make this unsaid.

Then he busted out in laughter. "I like the way you think, y/n" He grinned. You covered your face with your hands, embarrassed by yourself but somehow in relief that he laughed.

How many times exactly did you make a fool or yourself in front of him today? It seemed like you felt more awkward than he did, he had no problem with you being the way you were.

This made you feel special and somehow beautiful and kind of beautiful in a way only he could do it.