Part 13

"It's been a while" Kaya smiled before hugging Isabella.
"It's great to see the two of you" Isabella replied and gave Dylan a hug, too.
Thomas kissed her on the lips before embracing her tightly. "Hey, honey." She whispered and he murmured a greeting into her hair.

You turned away and looked at some of the photographs that were standing on the cupboard: Thomas, Isabella and some friends; people who you assumed to be her parents; Thomas and Isabella kissing.

A mixture of jealousy and insecurity tightened your stomach.
"Why don't you come into the living room? I baked cupcakes and some cake-pops."
She gently placed her hand on your shoulder and leaded you through the wooden doorframe.

The entire living room was coloured in white and rose, it was decently furnished with noble wooden chairs, tables and cupboards and finally one golden couch with a giant television in front of it.
As promised, there were cupcakes and cake-pops on the table, but also two amazing-looking cakes which she had probably baked herself as well.

"It's really nice here" You shyly told her and she answered with a bright smile. "Thank you!"
How could she be so pretty? You felt stupid next to her in your sneakers and your t-shirt while she was wearing earrings, an expensive looking necklace, a pink dress that showed most of her long legs and sandals with heels so high that you probably wouldn't be able to walk more than two steps in them.

Everyone sat down; Isabella at the head of the table, you and Kaya on her right hand side, Thomas and Dylan on her left.

You sat in front of Thomas and you had to force yourself not to stare into his chocolate-brown eyes,
not in front of his at-least-three-times-prettier-than-you-girlfriend.
You needed to stop comparing yourself to her, but you couldn't help it.

"Right, y/n?" Shit. The one second you hadn't paid attention, you'd missed the entire conversation.
You expected everyone to laugh at you as every other human would have done, but they were just gently smiling at you, except for Kaya who was busy eating her cake.

"I'm sorry, I was..." You murmured and you could feel your cheeks flushing red again. "No, it's not a problem. I didn't mean to interrupt your thoughts." Thomas excused.

You didn't interrupt anything since my thoughts were mostly about you anyways, as usual, you thought and focused on paying attention from now on.