Broken down

Brooke began walking up to Levi's office. She didn't know why, she just wanted it to get over with it.

She knocked on his door then leaned on the doorframe crossing her arms. A minute later Levi opened the door, then backed away letting her come in. "Alright. What do you want?" She sounded a little annoyed "Well one, you can drop the attitude, brat." he said closing the door. She rolled her eyes and placed her hand on her hip. "You were requested to switch squads. You're now on my squad." He said leaning on the wall. "Requested? Requested by who?" She asked. "Commander Erwin and Hanji second it." He replied. She sighed "Alright." He stopped her from saying anything else "Since we are both at the top I remain leader and you are put in second." She raised her eyebrows "What about P-." He stopped her again "She'll be replacing you're old spot. I already told her." She shook her head "So one of the great fighters gets downgraded because of me!?" She yelled. "It wasn't my choice, stupid. Now go back to your office, you'll need to sign some paperwork." He finished and opened the door.

She stormed out heading back to her office given to her not to long ago. She saw the stack of papers and sighed. "Great. She's going to hate me." She sat down and began filling out the papers. When she got halfway through she hears a knock. "Come in." She didn't care who it was.

"Brooke.."

Damn it. Why does it have to be Petra.

"Yes?" She spun the chair to face her.
"I'm not upset, I know that you are a stronger solider so I see why I wa-." Brooke stopped her "Petra." She sighed and stood up "You're a very good and strong warrior when you're out there. I don't know why they would replace you. Now not another word, understand?" Petra nodded. "Brooke?"
"Yes?" She crossed her arms. Not in annoyance, just out of habit. "I asked you this weeks earlier but how did you and Levi meet?"

Brooke's thoughts focused on that one.

"Running. All I did was run from the two men chasing me.. Then I fell." She stared at the ground while speaking. "I hit someone. When I look up I see two people, Farlan.. And Levi. When the two men caught up I didn't want to rely on anyone's help so I fought one of them off and the the other ran. Levi and Farlan were amazed by what I could do, Farlan more than Levi but.."

She sighed at the thought of Farlan.
Petra hugged her once she knew that he was gone. "I'm sorry." She spoke. Brooke hugged back and nodded. "Its okay."

That night Brooke snuck out like she did ever so often. Sometimes people catch her sometimes they wouldn't. She sat on a bench that was placed outside in the empty field.
"I'm sorry Farlan.." Her voice faded. That's all she thought about the rest of the day. She never gave it much thought until that night. She brought her knees up to her chest. Looking at the sky a few small tears fell from her eyes. "I hope you and Isabel are happy up there.."

~ Flashback ~

Brooke and Levi decided to go out one day. Without anything to protect them, thinking that day would of been different. Levi suggested it. while we were talking standing by an Alley we noticed this girl, running. I followed the trail behind her seeing 3 men chasing her. "Dumb brat." Levi sighed "We have to help her." Brooke looked at him "With what?" Levi growled. "I fought that guy the first day we met, I'm sure we can handle it. I know you can fight." Levi sighed. "Fine." They both ran, soon cutting in the middle of the men and the girl.

"What the hell is this?" One man said while stopping. "Your worst nightmare. now why are you chasing this girl?" One of the men stepped closer "She stole from the 11th stairway." Brooke looked back at the girl then turned back to the others "Well isn't that a shame." She smirked. "Do y'all know her?" The man stepped closer "Not at all." Levi adds. "Then you won't mind if I take her." He smiled as he went through the middle of Levi and Brooke. Levi stuck out his leg along with Brooke tripping him over "What the he-!" Levi kicked him 4 times over and Brooke kept an eye on the other two. Levi picked him up and narrows his gray eyes. "You'll regret it, now I suggest you and your 'gang' go away. I don't want to get my hands dirty." He growled throwing him towards the others.

After that Isabel was one of us, sadly she was caught by the military police a year later. Levi and Farlan had the thought that she was gone forever.

Brooke snapped out of her little flashback after hearing footsteps.
She sighed. She didn't want to face anyone.

"Brooke? Are you okay?"

Eren. At least it wasn't Levi.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." She stuttered slightly trying to wipe away her tears. Eren sat beside her and tilted his head to see her face "What's wrong Brooke?" He asked and she took a deep breath. "Ever hear that even the strongest people break down?" She looked up to Eren. "Yeah.." Brooke looked away to the ground "Well this is one of those times. I was just thinking back to when I lost Farlan.." Eren looked at her and sighed. He pulled her into a hug "I'm sorry for that." He said softly. "I-it's okay. Thank you Eren." He nodded to responce.

"Cadet Jaeger!" Eren let go of her carefully and stood up. He looked over and gave a salute.

Damn it, Levi.

"Get back to your room. You can't be out here." Eren nodded and ran back inside. Brooke froze there not knowing what to do it say. Levi walked over and sat beside her. "What the hell are you doing out here?" Levi said looking at her. "Non of your business." She quietly. Levi's eyes widened. "Brooke. Did I do something to you? You've been acting different since you came back." Brooke looked away from the ground to Levi "I.. I'm sorry Levi.. You didn't do anything. I don't know what's happened to me. I-." She was cut off once again by his hug.

"Don't worry about it, Brooke."
He spoke ever so soft. She's never heard him speak that soft. She looked up at him "I'm sorry I spoke to you like that." Levi looked at her "It's okay. Come on. You need your rest." He pulled away and stood up along with her. He took her back to her room. They stood at her door for a minute.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

Brooke looked up at Levi. "Y-yes." She nodded. Levi tilted his head then leaned in and kissed her forehead.

"Come by my office after breakfast." Levi turned on his heels and walked to his office.

Great.. I have something to look forward to..

She sighed then went to bed.