Promises broken

Tears began to form in my eyes as his question repeated in my head. I haven't been with anyone since Farlan..

Eren was sweet, well sweet to me. Other times he could be intimidating or fearless.

Returning to his question. I looked up at him and smiled. Maybe I can give him a chance. So I nodded with my bright smile.

"Yes."

The only bad side was for Levi to find out. But, like always Levi was watching. He apparently came out limping from the infirmary to see me. He stood in the distance beside the building near to us. He heard every word.

It began to rain, Eren looked at the rain with a smile. He leaned down and kissed me. I melted into the sweet kiss.

Levi's POV

Great. I watched them kiss and felt my heart sink. I looked at my hand which held a necklace, a locket. The two pictures was me and her, one picture showed how she was trying to cheer me up one day with a really cute silly face. The other shown us in a hug. I sighed as the ran fell. I threw the locket down and headed back to the infirmary where they wanted me.

I guess I could say I saw it coming. It hurt, but she deserves to be happy.

Brooke's POV

I pulled away and looked at him. "We should get inside." I smiled then we headed to a near building. I spotted a locket. I picked it up and looked inside so I could see who it belonged to. My mind went blank

Levi..

He saw..

I closed it then looked at Eren. "Please excuse me." I headed out to the infirmary. I didn't know what was going through my mind.

I knocked on the door and the nurse let me in. I saw Levi looking out the window, oblivious that I was there. Well until I spoke. "Can I talk to Levi alone?" The nurse nodded then left. I looked at Levi. The locket was in my hand. "Levi.. What did you see?" He turned to me "Everything.." I opened my hand "Why were you going to give me this?" I asked walking to him. "I was going to tell you how I felt, but it seems like that brat beat me to it." I sat down beside him. "Tell me the truth Levi, do you really like me? Or are you just scared?" He looked down "I really do. The first time we met you caught my eye, apparently Farlan's to. When y'all were together I guess I looked okay, but I wasn't.." His mask.. broke.. My eyes widened a little. "But.. Petra?" Levi sighed "We weren't really together. I made that up. I knew she liked me but I didn't return the feelings. That hug was to tell her I'm sorry. Petra kissed me that night you saw. I haven't gotten the chance to pull away yet." I felt sort of guilty for yelling at him. He's just as fragile as anyone, he just chooses not to show it. "Levi, I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry for all of this mess. if I known I-." He stopped me "If you would have known earlier you would of thought I loved you because I was scared. Am I correct." I nodded and stayed silent. He looked at me and kissed my head. "Keep the locket, go be with Eren. I'll be fine." I sighed for I knew he was lying. I hugged him quickly then left.

I walked down the halls and put the locket it around my neck. I looked around and saw Eren sitting on a bench outside.. In the rain. "What.." I looked around and went to the closet of my room. I grabbed my green coat and put it on along with the hood. I walk outside and sat by Eren. "Eren.. What are you doing?" He looked at me and sighed "Do you like the Corporal?" That question was what I dreaded hearing, from him at least. "No. Why?" He tilted his head "You left me to see him.." I shook my head and took Eren's hand "I had to go clarify something. That's all Eren." He looked at my hand. "Promise?" I nodded, telling the truth.

"Promise."

I took him up to my room for him to dry off. I told him to take a warm shower so he wouldn't catch a cold and that I'll get him new cloths.