Stop and stare

I woke up the next morning.
Thinking.

I sighed as I went to take a shower. I wiped my tired eyes due to finishing the paper work. I stepped into the water and smiled as I washed my blonde hair and my body.

When I was finished I walked out and got my uniform on. I grabbed the finished papers and dropped them off on my way to the mess hall.

I reach the mess hall and grabbed a plate. I sat down as Eren, Jean, and Sasha sat down after. "Hey Brooke." Jean smiled "Hey Jean." I smiled back "Are you training us again today?" Eren smiled. "Have y'all cleaned the stables?" I ask. "Yep, all clean." Jean grinned "Levi clean?" They all nodded "Great. I'll train you after I check the stables." I smirk. They nodded with a worried look they might of got it wrong.

After breakfast was over me and the cadets all walked to the stables. I walked around, nodding. "Wow, very clean. I think Levi will like it." I smiled, not lying. It was really clean. Maybe Levi would like to see it now. "I'll be right back. Let's see what Levi thinks. Hopefully I can catch him before he leaves the mess hall." I smiled as they waited. I jogged over seeing Levi and Hange. I walk over with a small smile. "Levi, the cadets would like to show you something."

"Tch. What do the brats want to show me?" I tilted my head in response "Oh come on Levi." He sighed then got up. We both walked out to the stables. "Did they do a good job or what?" I smiled.

Levi's POV

Wow. I've never seen these stables so clean. Well when I had to clean them. I looked over to the cadets. "Very good. But I've told you to clean this numerous times before, why clean it like this now?" I crossed my arms. They all looked at each other then to Brooke.

"Because. They wanted to show how much they appreciate you, even though you're mean towards them." Brooke spoke. "Tch. Right." I narrowed my eyes towards the cadets. "It's true, sir." Jean spoke. "Oh is it? Can you say one nice thing about me cadet?" I ask. "Yeah. You-." I stopped him "Other than anything about me being humanity's strongest." I gave him a cold look. "Well." Jean sighed. "You are very good at you're work. To keep us trained, to keep us going." Jean smiled. Everyone looked at Jean like what the hell. My eyes widened. "Uh. Well thank you cadet.." I turned back to the stables. "Y'all did good. Next the mess hall." I sighed then left.

Brooke's POV

I watched Levi leave then sighed "Come on, we got to train." I smiled a little then headed to the training ground with trees. "We will be taking out titans tomorrow, so I took the liberty and got soldiers to set up fake titans around the woods. Over there you will find 3DM gear. Strap them on and let's see how many you get. First up, Eren." I gestured to the gear.

Once he was finished I went to count how many he got and it ended up being 5 out of 7. "Good job, Eren. Sasha your next." I smiled. She did so getting 4 out of 7. "Not bad Sasha. But do you think you'll be able to do this tomorrow?" She nodded. "Yeah! I'll be fine!" I nodded then once they were done we left to lunch.

I walked in just getting a cup of tea. I see Levi sitting alone with papers in front of him. I walked up and sat beside him. "Can't catch a break can you?" I teased. He rubbed his face then looked at me. "Never ending.." He signed. "Alright. I'll tell you what, I will get Hange to finish the training and I'll come help you with the paperwork. Okay?" Levi kept the mask upon his face "Fine, only if you want to." He muttered. I nodded. "I'll go tell Hange." I smiled to him then stood up. "I'll meet you in your office." I left to talk to Hange.

"Hangi? Can I talk to you?" I say walking up to her. "Yes! Sure of course!" She smiles brightly. "Well I was wondering if you can watch and train the cadets for tomorrow while I work On paperwork?" She nods instantly "Ohh yes!!" I smiled and gave her the list of what to cover.

After a little more talking I left. I walked through heading to Levi's office. I soon knocked and smiled. "Name and business?" I hear his grumpy voice through the door. "Brooke, I'm hear to help you.." My voice fades. "Come in." I then turned the knob and weakly smiled. I walked over sitting in the chair across from him. "What would you like me to do?" I spoke soft and looked up to his scary gray intimidating eyes, and I swore I saw them soften a a little. "You can take these, it just tells what were planning to do tomorrow. It needs signatures and small descriptions." I nodded taking the papers, grabbing a pen.

I began filling out papers and the quiet made everything awkward. Well until he finally said something. "Have they shown improvement?" I nodded "Yeah, the most improvement was Armin. He went from 4 out of 7 to 6 out of 7," I smile. He nodded "Will they be ready tomorrow?" I tilted my head slightly. "They said they were." Levi signed and stayed quiet. I'm guessing he didn't want to loose anymore people.

It was getting late but we still weren't finished with the work so we skipped dinner. "Why is there so much?" I groaned. "It sucks don't it?" I sighed nodding in agreement. "I'm going to get some tea." I smiled then stepped out, walking to the mess hall. I walked in to get a metal tray, placing two mugs of warm tea on top. I sighed then headed back to Levi. I balance the tray on one hand very carefully and turned the knob. I then place the tray in both hands and leaned on the door with my back to open it.

I place the tray down handing him a mug. "Thank you, Brooke." He took a sip of his tea. I smiledf a little "You're welcome." An hour past, it was 11:30. We finished the paperwork. "See it was done a lot faster with help." I smiled standing up. He stood up as well. "Yes, thank you again Brooke." He walked over to me, 3 inches away. "You're welcome maybe now you cou-." He cut me off with a hug, he really needs to stop that. It gets me every time! I hugged him back and smiled a bit. "Don't leave me tomorrow." He spoke quietly. My eyes grew knowing what he meant. I hugged him tighter "I wouldn't dream of it." My words made him smile slightly but I was oblivious to it.

He pulled away slightly. "Good." He whispered then leaned in and kissed me. My eyes grew again. Come on, why does he do this to me? I gave in and kissed him back. We pulled away, he kept his forehead against mine. "You better get some rest, you'll need it for tomorrow." I spoke soft. He nodded "You to." I looked up at him with my blue eyes, smiling weakly before leaving the room. I ran a hand through my hair as I went into my room. I slammed my fist into the desk, letting a few tears fall from my eyes.

He doesn't mean it. The kisses meant nothing to him.

He was only scared.

I'm not putting up with this. I'm not wanting to get

Hurt. Not anymore.