Burning fire.

Brooke Woke up that morning and brushed her hair. "Today's the.. Day.." Her voice faded with A sigh. She walked downstairs and got breakfast, well all she got was warm tea. She sat down and laid her head on the table, thinking to last night. Eren and Krista sat by her "Hey, Brooke.. Are you okay?" Eren asked. "Yes, I'm fine." Shwe then looked up "Just thinking." She smiled. Eren nods "Alright, are you ready for today?" Brooke nodded "I guess so." Brooke glanced up seeing Levi holding his head not eating or drinking anything.

"Excuse me." She stood up and got another cup of tea setting them down on an empty table. She walked up to him and tilted her head. "Levi, come on.." Levi moved his hand looking at her. "What?" She sighed "You have to have something. I got you some tea, come on." She took his wrist and brought him to the table. "Levi, are you going to be okay? And please be honest.." Levi stared at the cup then looked at her. "I don't know.." He admitted. Brooke got up from across him then sat beside him.

"Of course you are." She smiled a little. "You are humanity's strongest soldier, don't let that get to you. Not today at least." She sighed quietly "Remember who you are Levi, you're stronger than this. You have to know that it's all going to be okay." Levi looked at her then to the ground. "Now you know why I don't let people get to close.." He spoke quietly. "Oh, Levi.." She felt terrible and wrapped an arm around him rubbing his shoulder. "I'm sorry." She then looked around seeing a few faces looking. She sighed again and pulled her arm away, getting up and walking across the table. "At least drink something?" She began to worry a little.

"Tsk." Levi picked up and drunk some tea. Brooke nodded then got up again "I'll be right back." She went and got some friut. She set the small bowl in front of him "You need it." She sat back down and took a sip of her tea. Levi looked at the friut. He sighed then ate some of it. she smiled slightly then watched as a lot of people got up and left. She stood taking away the cups and bowl. she walked over to Levi again "You're going to be okay, right?" Levi looked at her and nodded "Yes. I'll be fine. Thank you."

Brooke didn't want him out there but she couldn't convince him or Erwin to let him stay. They all got on their horse and headed out. So far, so good. They got to the woods ok and seperated. Brooke followed Levi and the others in his squad and everyone went with theirs. Moments later the ground started to shake. We see a flare go off, great. It's the female titan. "You're orders captain?" Asked Eld. He stayed quiet. Brooke sighed "Corpral, what should we do?" Brooke asked. Still nothing. Eren looked behind them "Uh.." He looked over at Brooke "Corporal Levi!" She yelled. "Switch to your gear, now!" He finally yelled back as he switched and glided into the trees. Everyone did so as well and followed him. He stopped in a tree and waited for everyone. "What the hell kind of orders was that!" Eld yells. Eren and everyone looked at him "He knows what he's doing!" Eren yelled. Brooke sighed and went over to Levi. "You know what your doing right?" He nodded and stayed quiet. "So what now?" She asked. "Commander Erwin will shoot a green flare and tell where we need to go. Stay here till then." She nodded and sat on a branch. They waited. And waited.

"I'm not seeing a flare go off.." Oluo sighed. "Did something happen?" Asked Eren. "We don't know.." Brooke replied.

"Brooke come with me, Oluo is in charge till we get back." Levi said then glided away, Brooke followed. They headed towards where Erwin was supposed to be. they stopped when they reached the spot. "Did something happen?" She looked at Levi. "We would have to see.." Levi left in the path Erwin was going to take followed by Brooke. They soon stumble upon Erwin and his group. they also saw dead people.

Oh no.

They landed beside Erwin. "What's going on?" Levi asked as Brooke walked to the bodies. She gasped at who she saw. "Petra.." She whispered. She then walked around seeing her old squad, dead. She looked at them, no emotion shown on her face. She didn't know what to do. She felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Erwin. "I'm sorry." She nodded and stayed quiet as he walked away. She looked back to the dead and stood there. "Are you okay?" She hears a monotoned voice come behind her. "I have to stay strong.." She paused and turned to Levi. "You taught me that." His eyes widened slightly then went back to normal. He didn't say anything. Brooke sighed then glanced at Petra. "Are you okay?" She asked. He nodded slowly and looked over at Petra. Brooke then headed over to Erwin. "What now?" Erwin scratched the back of his neck. "One squad down, if we loose another we head back." She nodded "How did we loose this one?" Erwin looked at his surroundings then back to Brooke.

"Female Titan."

She nodded then walked back to Levi. "Want to he-." She was cut off by a loud roaring sound.

No.. it can't be..

Eren.