Chapter Three: Ho Hey

Ashlynn gingerly walked into Darius' office, holding her school diary with her. Darius took a sip of his protein shake, giving her a thumbs up. She took a seat, looking at him in the face, nervous. She had to admit, Darius scared her sometimes. 

"I've gained weight, haven't I?" she asked, nervous.

"A little. It's kind of irking me." Darius frowned.

"So... why am I here?"

"I just wanted to inform you that the choreographer for the two-time national show choir champions, Game of Tones, Samuel Davis, has quit and is on the hunt for a new job."

"What relevance to the glee club does this have?" Ashlynn asked, confused. 

"Mr Davis has a reputation for being a fucking jackass to his students. If we hire him, those students are going to quit, one by one." Darius explained. 

"But how will we get Mr Spender to quit?"

Darius looked at her blankly for a good five minutes. 

"That's for you to figure out..." Darius answered, blank.

"Hang on... we need a plan..."

"Again, that's for you to figure out..." 

"But Darius, aren't you the coach? You should be the one telling me what to do!" Ashlynn whined.

"You ask too many questions. Now get the fuck out of my office..." Darius cursed. Ashlynn raised her eyebrows and left the office, stunned. 

Laurence sat at the dinner table with his parents, Mr and Mrs Spender. His parents eerily looked like brother and sister, it was uncanny. The smell of potatoes and roast chicken filled the air, deliciously. Bethany walked out the kitchen, holding a beautiful, delicious roast chicken, with roast potatoes on the side. Mr Spender licked his lips, creeping Laurence out. 

"Is that roast chicken? Gimme some!" Mrs Spender chirped.

"Of course it's roast, Mum. Do you not have eyes?" Laurence whined.

"Oh, shush, son! Can't I have some fun for once in my life?" his mother giggled. Bethany carefully placed the chicken on the table, nervously shivering. 

"Don't wait, dig in!" Bethany said, shaking. 

"It looks fucking amazing. Thank you, Bethany!" Mr Spender drooled. The family stuck into their meal with their knives and forks, quickly devouring the chicken. Laurence looked at Bethany, smiling. 

"Should we tell them?" he asked her, looking at her stomach, oblivious to the fact it was empty. 

"About what?" Bethany shivered. Laurence pointed to her non-existent bump, "Uh... should we?"

"I don't know. That's why I'm asking you..."

Bethany sighed, flustered. Mr and Mrs Spender raised their eyebrows, intrigued. 

"Mum, Dad... Bethany and I are expecting a baby!" Laurence announced, proud. Bethany stared at him, awkwardly. 

"That's amazing! Congratulations!" Mr Spender cheered.

"Oh my god! My first grandchild! Girl or boy?" Mrs Spender asked, cooing. 

"Uh... it's a boy!" Bethany lied. 

"Have you planned any names yet?" Mr Spender asked, curious. 

"We were thinking of Ashton, Darcy, Michael or Cameron..." Laurence eagerly told his parents.