Epilogue

Two years later...

The year was 2017. Laurence had cut his flowing long curls into a slicked back hairdo. He sat in the choir room, admiring a huge, massive trophy with the words "7 Days of Direction, winners of Nationals 2017" engraved on it. Next to it was a picture of the group with the trophy, with the biggest smiles on their faces. Laurence shed a single tear of joy, wanting to live the moment. 

"I can't believe you actually led them to victory..." a familiar voice said from behind. Laurence turned around, recognising the voice. It was Darius, who still looked like the same jerk he was. 

"That's what happens when you don't destroy someone." Laurence smiled. 

"You're actually a really good coach." Darius congratulated. 

"I can't believe it took you two years to say that..." Laurence joked. 

"I've come to tell you that I have resigned..." Darius announced. 

Oh, thank god!, Laurence thought to himself. He wouldn't dare say that in real life. 

"I figured this whole coaching and teaching thing wasn't my style. I've gotten a job as an accountant in Walkley." Darius explained. 

"That's awesome." Laurence said, apathetic. 

"I think we should move on from our arguments and bury the hatchet, don't you agree?" 

"But you've been hassling me for two years now! You're only saying that because I've won..." Laurence added, suspicious. 

"You're good at what you do, Laurence... I'll give you that..." 

Darius quickly turned on his phone screen to check the time. It was 7:20 pm. 

"Well, the graduation ceremony should begin in ten minutes. We better go." Darius smiled. The pair slowly walked over to the auditorium, weirdly holding hands. Laurence felt awkward holding his once-enemy's hand, but I guess Darius was a changed person. 

Laurence sat in the auditorium, which was filled with parents and family members watching their children graduate. The sounds of audience chatter filled the room, eventually turning into a cacophony. Ingrid trudged through the audience uncomfortably, carrying a chubby, way-to-adorable-to-handle baby boy, dressed in a pastel blue onesie and beanie. 

"Who's that, Jackson? That's Daddy!" Ingrid cooed at the baby, who just sat there looking unimpressed. Ingrid sat down next to Laurence and heavily handed Jackson over, who had a slightly grumpy expression. 

"Oi! Jackson! Cheer up! We're watching your aunties and uncles graduate!" Laurence cooed. 

"Let's hope he doesn't get too snappy..." Ingrid snickered. 

"He'll be alright..." Laurence laughed, tickling Jackson's tummy and making him cutely giggle. Laurence smiled at the adorable baby. 

Principal Cowell stood on the podium, facing all of the parents. On the stage sat the graduates, wearing bright and vibrant red graduation caps and robes. The parents wildly and proudly cheered, practically causing a verbal stampede. 

"Thank you everyone!" Cowell strictly calmed the audience down. The audience stopped cheering, focusing their full attention on him. "I present to you, the graduates of the Class of 2017!" 

The audience went crazy, sounding like animals in a zoo. 

"I present to you, the first graduate of 2017... Clifford, Michaela!" 

Michaela gingerly grabbed her graduation certificate, looking at her mother, Sheila, being embarrassing yet again. 

"THAT'S MY BABY GIRL!" Sheila squealed with delight. Michaela rolled her eyes, and as soon as she grabbed her certificate, sat back down.