Chapter 1: Awakening

A/N: Hey guys! Before you begin, I just want to let you all know that this is Book 2. Book 1 is titled Fable: Shadows Among Us! Thanks!
~KurtDestin

I. Awakening

I woke up feeling sand on my body, my pack and weapons damp on my back, and cool water brushing against my legs. I quickly retained my hazy memory and stood up.

'Where am I?'

I saw a lake with a small enclosed doorway in the middle looking strangely familiar. Almost as if I'd seen it before in a past life.

'What's going on? Where am I? Where are the others? Ben, Whitney, Jonathan? Mom, dad, Mia? Kylie, Peter, Phillippe? Or Talia? Where is my sweet innocent Talia?'

I began to think about the last thing I remember. That's when it hit me.

"Oa-Oakvale. It's go-gone. Th-They're all d-dead." I said, my voice hoarse.

I kept talking in my head about what was going on until I heard something, footsteps. I quickly hid against a small ledge built of the landscape and saw a girl with her brunette hair in a ponytail being followed by an . . . animal. The girl jumped in the water and swam to the enclosed door and pulled out an item which made me think I was dreaming. It was a Guild Seal. She opened the door and shut it behind her, leaving me still unseen, but curious.

I opened my pack and inside contained a few hairbands, hair clips, my Hero armor, an old green apple, six health potions, two will potions, my mini dagger, my locket, and best of all, my Guild Seal. I quickly put everything back in my pack except for my locket which I put around my neck. I glanced at it to notice the orange stone was once again attached to it.

I looked back towards the enclosed doorway and knew what I had to do. With my curiosity taking over, I jumped into the water. As I swam, I tasted the water and knew exactly where I was for the first time since I've woken up.

'Is this . . . It is! It's Bowerstone Lake water, from Bowerstone. But if this is Bowerstone Lake, then where is the Heroes Guild? Wait, Jack of Blades didn't . . . No, it's not possible! It can't be.'

I finally made it to the small entrance and saw the door. It was the entrance to the Guild. I tried to open the door in a state of fright, but it was no use. I thought for a second and realized what I was missing. The Guild Seal. I pulled it out and pressed it against the empty part on the door and it opened. I entered the structure and recognized the ruins.

Bloody hell, this is the Guild! What happened? But more importantly, where am I?

I walked until I reached a spot where there was a hole going far down. There was water at the bottom and after I convinced myself, I jumped. I hit the water and quickly crawled out to see a bunch of gigantic beetles.

"What on earth happened to the beetles?!" I yelled as I used my sword and I killed them all, absorbing the experience, but it felt different somehow.

I ran through the Guild until I reached a part I could never forget, the Hall of Heroes.

A ton of memories flooded into my mind. My first day at the Guild, sometimes helping one of the servants fetch ingredients, playing on the woods, and most of all, becoming a hero beside my best friends, Kylie and Peter.

I kept walking until I got to the entrance and the brunette girl I'd seen earlier and the animal following her were absorbed in a Cullis Gate of bright blue light.

I walked it to see a hooded woman and I spoke "Th-Theresa?"

A/N: Hey guys! Here it is, Chapter 1 of the sequel! I hope you all enjoy it and now I'm done. Have a nice day all of you and go follow AmbrosiaRose! JUST DO IT! Lol bye guys! Thanks!
~KurtDestin