Chapter 16: Leo Head

The remainder of the boat ride was somewhat hectic, but eventually, we arrived in Bowerstone. Once docked, Aria, Anthony, Imogen, Walter, and I started towards Fairfax Gardens. I glared at The Cow & Corset through the corner of my eye, previewing past memories.

"It feels like a lifetime ago since I last saw this place . . ." Imogen smiled.

"You have no clue how I feel . . ." I sighed.

"I-I'm sorry, I—" Imogen stuttered.

"No, you have no reason to be sorry. It's not your fault. I blame the damned shadows."

Continuing our path, we soon arrived at the Fairfax Gardens. With archeologists scattered about, the five of us grouped together in a circle.

"There's people everywhere, how'll we get through?" Walter wondered.

"Anthony and Aria can't go." added Imogen.

"Why? Afraid I'll steal something?" Aria teased.

"No, look at yourself. You look like a bandit prostitute!"

Glancing down at Aria's black attire, she gripped Imogen's arm "What did you say about my clothes? Did I mention I'm the leader of the Black Dagger? Or did that little detail slip your mind?"

Shoving Aria away, Imogen spat "Don't touch me."

"Oh I'll—" Aria snapped, reaching for one of her daggers.

Before she could grab ahold of the small blade from her concealed, ominous boot compartment, I spun around in a swift movement, striking her. She went flying onto the cobblestone street, gasping for air.

"You . . . Bitch . . ." Aria managed to say between her deep breaths.

"Don't touch my friends you . . . bitch." I smirked.

Anthony burst out with an unexpected laughter, causing Walter to release a mild chuckle.

"You think . . . this is funny . . . huh?"

"Oh, get up!" Imogen spat "You're tougher than that. Even I'll admit that much!"

Offering her a hand, she stood up and dusted off her attire.

"Now that we're done with this squabble, I suggest we send Imogen and Lyllianna into the Castle." Walter faced me "Are you ready?"

"Always." I smiled.

"We need new clothes. I know the perfect place!" Imogen smiled, taking my hand.

She brought my all the way back into Bowerstone Market, running into a tailor store called "Bit of Skirt". Entering, the woman gasped at the sight of me.

"Come dear, let's get you a new outfit!" The tailor demanded "For you, this outfit will be on me! You need it!"

I was drug into a closet with multiple items of clothing.

"Try on whatever you'd like! Like I said, it's on me!"

I began trying on the random items of clothing, my armor on the floor. After multiple outfits, I came out in what was referred to as a "Hot Date Outfit". Imogen came out of another closet in a gigantic dress.