Chapter 17: The Child of Grey

Imogen had pulled me halfway through the King's Passage when I awoke. Cautiously, I struggled to pull myself up.

"Let me help you." Imogen obliged.

"No . . . I'm good . . . Just give me a hand."

She pulled me to my feet, sighing in disappointment "I'll never be able to help you, will I?"

"Nope." I giggled.

We continued down the King's Passage until we reached the blocked-off entrance/exit.

"Now what?" Imogen wondered.

"I honestly have no—"

The entrance/exit gradually opened wide, revealing a nervous, yet excited Walter.

"Is she okay?"

"I'm good." I bluntly stated.

"Well then, let's hurry outside. I'm not sure how much more Aria can take before she snaps."

Imogen and Walter took off towards the gardens. I managed to gain a small amount of speed, but before I reached the corner of the large tunnel, Walter yanked me backwards.

"Stay back!" Walter whispered.

Suddenly, I began hearing a loud mix of yelling and gunshots.

"What's going on?" I wondered.

"Keep your voice down!" Walter demanded "If we are spotted, we're as good as dead! Aria must've been touched by some bastard and I guess she went off. All I know is that there are over twenty Royal Bowerstone guards out there shooting at Aria and Anthony."

"Wait, where's Imogen?"

"That's the bad news . . . She went out there before I could stop her . . ."

"Oh my god! I have to go get her!" I urged, beginning to make my way towards the exit.

"You can't!" Walter gripped my wrist "It's too dangerous. You're not yourself right now. That potion has drained your strength, you won't make it."

"Good thing I have the Shadows on my side." I sighed.

I pushed Walter off of me and rose. Glancing back at him, I hurried out of the tunnel and crouched behind a large excavation pile.

'Where are you . . .' I thought, looking over my shoulder.

I could see Aria and Anthony a few piles away from my right and Walter motioning for my return to my left.

'Don't get your head blown off . . .'

I looked around the pile to see Imogen cowering behind a small pile mid-battlefield. A small, crimson puddle had formed around her. Imogen had been shot in the shoulder.

'I have to do something . . . Otherwise, they'll kill us . . .'

"Lyllianna," Theresa spoke "You need to get out of there now. There's a Shard coming to the Castle Gardens. And it's coming for you."

"Oh shit!" I gasped "This better work."

I took a deep breath and hurtled around the large excavation mound, sending a small lightening bolt towards the guards.

"Lyllianna!" Imogen yelled, running towards me.

"Quick!" I yelped, snatching Imogen behind the mound.