Chapter 7: Oakfield

It was the next morning and I had prepared for our journey. I waited downstairs as Walter double-checked his items.

"How do you do it?" Walter asked.

"What do you mean?"

"How aren't you afraid? How are you such a skilled fighter? How can you be so calm? It's not common for a woman to be so confident."

"Look, you'd never believe me if I told you about my story."

"Go for it." Walter smirked.

"Here's a story for you. Once, a little girl went on a journey across the vast land of Albion. She soon becomes abducted by bandits and is thrown into a cage. She's so scared, so afraid of the future. She soon escaped, leaving every bandit who didn't flee dead. She continued only to find her destination burned to the ground. The one thing the girl had given so much up for was gone. All she had done, all those she had lost, it was all for nothing. Or at least that's what she thought."

"Can you please get on with your story?"

"We should go." I stood and brushed off my shoulders.

After a few hours of travel, we were in a dark forest-like place. Moments passed and my curiosity began to take over.

"Walter, where are we?"

"Rookridge. Our first destination is a nice place known as Oakfield. Remember, Bowerstone, Rookridge, Oakfield."

"Teach me more."

"Okay . . . You can also go from Bowerstone Market to Bower Lake. Bower Lake will lead you to the Gypsy Camp and Brightwood."

"And?"

"Just a little more. Brightwood is a big place. It will lead to the Bandit Coast and to my Uncle Giles' Farm. The Bandit Coast will take you to Westcliff, but that's a pretty dangerous place."

"How so?"

"It's where all of the thugs are. Plus, there's the Crucible . . ."

"What's the Crucible?"

"You really are clueless, aren't you?"

"I'm sorry—"

Before I could finish, a group of bandits jumped down from the trees above us. Walter and I drew our swords and the group of bandits did the same.

"Do it, Walter. Show them what I've taught you!"

Walter pulled out his sword and before one of the bandits could strike him, he swung his sword, following through with the strike, and it send the bandit's corpse to the ground.

Once Walter had killed the first bandit, I yelled "Get back, Walter!"

I conjured a huge ball of blue sparkling light and let out a scream as I released it. Lighting shot from the ground, striking all of the bandits around me and their charred skeletons smashed against the floor. I turned to face a shaken up Walter.

"What in the bloody hell are you?"

"Let's keep going." I insisted, ignoring what had just taken place.

As we resumed our walk to Oakfield, it was obvious that Walter wasn't done with me yet.

"Lyllianna, you just struck all of those men with some sort of . . . sorcery! Are you a witch?"

"No." I rolled my eyes "Look, you're focusing on the wrong thing. You just successfully swung your sword. You're learning!"

"Tell me what you are, Lyllianna. I can't keep helping you unless you tell me what's really going on."

"Lyllianna, this is Theresa. I've seen Walter's past, I think you can trust him, but don't hesitate to strike him down if necessary. You must not let your guard down."

"This is going to take a while . . ." I sighed and resumed walking.

We walked while I told Walter about my past. I couldn't tell whether he was frightened or amazed. Soon, we reached Oakfield and I stopped beside a field.

"Lyllianna, that is one extraordinary story, but be honest with me, is it yours?"

"Yes. That's why I have no clue where I am. That's why I'm wearing this equipment. That's why I didn't even know what a gun was. I'm 500 years ahead of where I'm suppose to be. I'm alone in a world that isn't home anymore."

"You're not alone." Walter took my hand "You have me."

"Thanks, Walter." I smiled.

"Well, if you want to head to Brightwood, I suggest we stay here for a few days and take a carriage back to Bowerstone Market."

"That's where the Inn is, right?"

"The one you remember, yes. There's an Inn here too. It's called the Sandgoose. That's where we're heading now." Walter resumed walking and I followed behind him.

Although it was intense telling someone in this time my real story, it was a relief to finally have someone to trust again . . .

A/N: Hey guys! So what's next? Do you think Lyllianna made the right choice by telling Walter the truth? Find out soon! Thanks!
~KurtDestin