Chapter 5: The Blowout

"I . . . I won't."

"Are you sure, Lyllianna. If not, I won't guarantee your safety. With the Black Dagger by your side, you will have the power to do whatever you want! We'll be unstoppable!"

"I'm not going to hurt innocent people. You can have your damn bandit clan, but you sure as hell won't have me!" I spat and walked off.

I hurried away from her and after passing the Inn, I took a turn into an ally which led to a single house and a cellar.

'Please work . . .'

I tugged at the cellar door and luckily, it opened. I crawled inside and after locking myself in, went to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up and noticed the three cabinets around me. The first cabinet contained a shiny apple. The second one contained a bottle of concentrated apple juice, and the last one withheld a bottle of banana pudding hair dye. After I'd finished eating, I opened the cellar door and crawled back outside.

I hurried to the street and saw countless people in strange clothing and each one of them seemed to give me weird looks. Seconds after standing in confusion, I walked up to a woman working at a jewelry stand.

"Hello, ma'am. How may I assist you?"

"I'd like to sell this." I smiled and pulled out the small bottle of dye.

"The Stylist Shop is back there. I'm sure the owner, Whitney, would be happy to take it from your- Oh my!" The woman gasped "Your necklace! It's astounding!"

"Thank you." I nodded and began walking away.

"Five thousand."

"Huh?" I asked turning back towards the woman.

"I'll pay you five thousand gold for it."

"No."

"Fine. Ten thousand."

I'm sorry, Madam, but it's not for sale."

"I'll give you twenty-five thousand, my shop, and even my house! I need that necklace."

I left without saying another word to the woman and noticed the Barber symbol above a building.

'Somethings just never change . . .'

I entered and the woman began "Hello. I'm Whitney, the stylist. How may I help you?"

"I'd like to sell this." I smiled and handed her the bottle.

"I'll give you 53 gold for it."

I nodded and she handed me the gold. I left and looked into my coin pouch which I received from the Guild long ago. I had 189 gold now and I walked towards what was obviously the Bowerstone Blacksmith.

"I need to sell something."

I handed him the rifle and he replied happily " An iron clockwork rifle? I'll pay you $1,400 for it."

"Deal."

I took the money and started back towards the Inn. I entered and noticed everyone in shock.

"Didn't you hear?" One voice spoke.

"Is it true?" Another spoke.

"I heard it from my house!" Another spoke.

I walked to a bar maiden and asked "What's going on?"

"Apparently, the Black Dagger just blew out the bridge. Without it, we're cut off from Oakfield. Others say it was because someone defied her orders, but I'm pretty sure that it's a bunch of rubbish. Bandits do random things all of the time, but this one is rather up the ranks."

"I appreciate the information. Thank you." I grinned and started my way out.

"Hey, are you new around here?" The bar maiden questioned, stopping me from leaving.

"Yes. I'm trying to find a place to stay, maybe even buy a house."

"You can always work here at the bar. I'm sure the boss wouldn't mind a little extra help."

"You're messing around, right?"

"Of course not! You're a well built young woman! No man or woman in Albion would turn you down!"

"Fine. When can I start?"

"Let's get you an apron, hon. You're going to need it."

A/N: Hey guys! So what's next? Can you believe that when the bandit's blew out the bridge, it was actually because of Lyllianna not joining the Black Dagger? Now you know why the bridge is down for the Hero of Bowerstone! Are you happy that Lyllianna is settling down in Bowerstone? Do you miss Kylie, Peter, Talia, and the others? Comment below! Thanks!
~KurtDestin