Chapter 4: The Black Dagger

IV. The Black Dagger

Aria and I walked downstairs and she ordered us some drinks. We sat down at a table and we began our conversation.

"So where are you from?" I asked drinking a beer.

"I grew up in Bloodstone, but I like to travel. You?"

"Lyllianna, this is Theresa. I'm talking to you through your Guild Seal. You must not tell anyone about where you're from or who you are. No one can know about your past."

"It's not important."

"Ah, a mysterious one, huh? Usually, if you try to deny where you come from, it's usually because your trying to hide something, but I won't bother you with it. So how long have you been in Bowerstone?"

"I arrived today."

"I see. I've been staying here in the Inn for a few days. I arrived here almost a week ago." Aria wiped her mouth.

"So where are you heading to next?"

"I'm heading to a place called Brightwood Tower in a few weeks."

"Where's that at?"

"Are you serious?"

"Um, no?" I blushed.

"Good. Anyways, it's starting to get late. I should go get some rest. Farewell, Lyllianna." Aria nodded and went back upstairs.

I stood up and after a second of thinking, I hurried over to the bartender and spoke "Hello. Do you have any available rooms?"

"Sorry, we're full." He rolled his eyes and resumed filling mugs of beer.

I left the Inn and sat outside of the door. I was alone. I could only miss Talia more and more each day knowing that she is gone. I missed Kylie's smile. I even missed Phillippe. A single tear fell down my face and I closed my eyes.

I sat there for a few hours until I felt someone kick me. I glanced up to see a man wearing black hovering over me with a weapon pointing at my head.

"Get up." The man demanded.

I listened and he made me walk down under the bridge where two more men had been waiting on him.

"Look at what I found!"

"She's looks good." Another spoke.

"She looks a bit tough, don't you think?" The last man asked.

"Lyllianna, these are bad men. You must escape." warned Theresa.

"Let me leave." I stated quietly.

"Hell no!" One of the men yelled.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." I said and got in a fighting stance.

"Shoot her." The man in black commanded.

I took a deep breath and struck each of them with lightning. At first, they screamed, but seconds later, they were dead on the ground.

"I warned you."

"Good job, Lyllianna. That other weapon on the ground is a gun. They are quite powerful and well used in combat."

I absorbed the experience from the three men and started searching their bodies. The first one had a pack, a small handgun, an iron longsword, and 27 gold. The second man had a rifle, a civil ring, 3 gold, and a beer. The last man had 106 gold and a map of Albion.

I turned back around to go back to the bar and saw Aria with her arms crossed.

"I knew you were hiding something. How in the hell did you do it?"

"What?"

"You've actually got Hero blood in you, don't you?"

All I could do was stare at her. Her eyes were full of doubt, yet certainty.

"This is insane . . ." Aria sighed.

"What's so strange about that?"

"There hasn't been a Hero since the Old Kingdom. And now, there's one standing before me."

"You can't tell anyone."

"Even after you just killed my men?"

"Your men?"

"Yes. My name's Aria and I'm the Leader of the Black Dagger."

"What is the Black Dagger?"

"Only the most deadly bandit clan in all of Albion, and we want you."

"Excuse me?"

"We want you in the Black Dagger." Aria smirked "Will you join us?"

"I . . ."

A/N: Hey guys! Will Lyllianna join the Black Dagger, or will she refuse? Find out next chapter! Btw, I added the Fable 2 theme song in every chapter since this book is in the same timezone as Fable 2. Now you can listen to it while you read! Enjoy! Thanks!
~KurtDestin