Chapter 3: Bowerstone Inn

III. Bowerstone Inn

I appeared on a mountain beside Bowerstone Lake. The only things that surrounded me were the woods, the lake, and what seemed to be a tower far off in the forest. I began walking down the mountain and when I got to the bottom, a man saw me and looked at me shocked.

"Is something wrong, sir," I asked the young man staring at me as if he had done something.

"N-no, I'm sorry ma'am." He looked down ashamed.

"Are you sure? You don't seem too happy."

"The name is Walter. What's yours?" He randomly asked.

"Lyllianna, Lyllianna White. Are you sure you're okay, Walter?" I said beginning to worry.

"I'm trying to join the guard, but I'm having issues holding the sword. I doubt a woman like you could help me though." He looked down and started walking.

Walter had dark brown hair and soft brown eyes. He was skinny and looked to be around my age.

"Here." I grabbed his hand that was gripping his sword. "You hold it like this and when you strike, let your arm follow through. Once you learn that, no one can stop you if your force is strong enough, you could possibly even a blade in half."

"I get it now! Thank you, Lyllianna. If I may ask, what are you doing out here? You don't seem like a Bowerstone kind of girl and you sure aren't a gypsy if you know what I mean. It's almost as if you trained with the old in the Heroes Guild. Ha!" He laughed.

"What would you say if I did?"

"Laugh. Everyone knows that not even the Archons themselves would remember the Heroes Guild! That's just an old tale."

"O-okay. So Walter, since you want to be a guard, would you mind doing a task for me?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Could you bring me to Bowerstone?"

"Sure!" He said smiling.

We started walking up the twisted trail until we finally reached a guard's post.

"Walter, wait." I said stopping outside of the guards post.

"Yes?"

"Why are you helping me?"

"I'm a noble person." Walter grinned.

Before we went inside the guards post, the woman with brown hair brushed by me again. Her strange animal followed behind her and she jolted down the long path to Bowerstone.

"What's wrong?" Walter asked.

"What is that . . . thing following her?"

"It's a dog. Everyone knows that!"

"Of course." I bit my lip "Thank you again, Walter."

"Of course." Walter nodded and walked away.

I hurried down the path until I reached Bowerstone. I entered and stood in awe. The entire place was composed of stone and buildings. I slowly walked across the bridge and my eyes hit it, a giant castle.

"Woah!" I whispered.

As I starred at the building, a man walked up to me and spoke "What are you wearing?"

I looked down to see an Oakvale-styled dress with a tear every so often. Immediately remembering that my armor is in my pack, I walked into the only thing which I slightly recognized, a bar.

I walked up the wooden stairs and entered a room to find a woman dancing naked in front of a man on his bed. I quickly closed the door and entered the next room which was larger and thankfully, vacant.

I changed into my armor and smiled. It still fit perfectly. I exited the room and was interrupted by a d me to the ground and slammed the door.

"Rude." I said and brushed the dust off of my arm.

"You're new here, huh?" A woman asked.

I turned to see her standing beside the stairs.

"Yeah. You could say that."

"My name's Aria. Who are you?"

"The name's Lyllianna."

"Welcome to Bowerstone, Lyllianna." Aria smirked "Let's have a drink, I have a lot to tell you."

A/N: Hey guys! It's officially up! I hope you're as excited as I am. I know I made you all wait a while, but here it is! Enjoy! Thanks!
~KurtDestin