Chapter 9: Bloodstone or Brightwood

Anthony, Walter, and I made it back to the house in Bowerstone Old Town. As the sun slowly rose, I got out of bed and walked downstairs.

Once I'd gotten there, I noticed Anthony sharpening his sword and Walter eating a Crabapple Pie.

"Look who finally woke up." Anthony smirked "Have any nightmares, lass?"

"No." I rolled my eyes "When did you get the pie? Shops don't open for another hour or so.

"I found it in the cupboard." Walter blushed.

"I didn't know there was anything in these cabinets! I'll have to get new furniture soon, all my stuff is worn out. And a forewarning for you two, I have no clue how old the food here is."

Walter continued eating the pie while Anthony set his sword down.

"Well, what's the plan now, lass?" Anthony asked, setting his now sharpened sword down.

"What?"

"Where are we going next? We could go to Bloodstone, or make our way through Brightwood. I'm also wanting to head to Westcliff. Y'know, meet a few gals, catch a few Crucible matches, that kind of thing."

"The Crucible's a fun place and all, but it's definitely not the safest. . ." Walter added.

"What's the Crucible?"

"Are you serious?" Anthony laughed.

"Come upstairs for a sec?" Walter offered.

"Sure."

We walked upstairs and Walter began "I forgot to mention that, didn't I?" Walter sighed "The Crucible is a large stone-carved arena in Westcliff. People either go to spectate or participate. If you participate, you have to fight rounds and rounds of Hobbes, Hollow Men, Bandits, and more."

"It sounds like the Arena in Witchwood! By Knothole—"

Before I could finish my sentence, memories of my parents flashed through my mind. Tears streamed down my face and my mind was consumed.

"Lyllianna!" Walter shook me.

"Sorry."

"What's the Arena?"

"It's basically the Crucible 500 years ago. Everyone wanted to go."

"And when you said Knothole, were you referring to Knothole Island?"

"No, I'm talking about Knothole Glade. It's right beside Witchwood. Where is this Knothole Island."

"Awhile off the coast, but I don't think there's any other land there."

"That must be where the Arena was. It was a reasonable distance from Knothole Glade, or Island now. I wonder what ever happened there . . ."

"Maybe one day, after all of this is over, we can find out what happened together."

"Maybe." I smiled "Now more about Westcliff."

"Okay. It's mostly overrun by thieves and bandits. It's not the best place, but it can be fun."

"Okay."

We walked back downstairs and Anthony spoke "So, Lyllianna, where are we heading? We can make our way towards Brightwood, or we can take a ship to Bloodstone."

"Let's go to Brightwood. I want to know my surroundings a little better."

"Okay. That'll take us up to Westcliff. Then what?" Walter asked.

"Are there docks there?"

"Yes."

"Then I want to go to Bloodstone after we reach Westcliff. After I reach Bloodstone, Anthony is free."

"Sounds good, mate."

"The shops are now open!" The town crier yelled.

"I'll go grab us a few items for the trip to Brightwood and then we can venture off." Walter smiled and exited the house.

I turned to grab my bag from upstairs, but was interrupted by Anthony's arm grabbing me.

He pulled me in close and whispered "Thanks for letting me stay, Lyllianna. I hope we will grow much closer."

I finally turned towards him, but he pulled me into a kiss. I pushed away and slapped him, sending his body into the wall.

"Don't touch me, or I'll chop your nasty head off!"

"You know you liked it." He winked and I went upstairs to gather my stuff for the journey ahead.