Chapter 4 strange encounters

Chapter 4
Strange encounters

((SLIGHTLY MORE EDITED))

PICTURE to the right (or top) ------> more pictures will be available with progression of story 

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who has read and supported me on this new book.

I apologize with the late update. I've been exhausted for the past few days. 

DOMINIC •

       I couldn't sleep all last night. My mind was racing the entire night. So many thoughts filled me as I tried desperately to suppress them. To no avail. It feels like I'm at war with my own head.

       As soon as the sun started peaking out the horizon, lighting the forest around me, I quietly left the tent and tip-toed to the bank of the river. I find a cozier spot among the gravel and hug my knees to my chest with a huff, my hoodie being strained against my back. With a heavy sigh, I watch the water glitter like diamonds by the morning rays, and fish zipping back and forth, awakening from their slumber.

       There's a stingingly sharp pain in my head reminding me of my lack of sleep but as I said before, any attempt was futile. Birds sing as they awake and the forest begins to return to life. If I had to bet anything, I would say it's probably five in the morning. Dad wakes at six on most days and mom gets up right after him. They'll be worried about me no doubt, I normally sleep in late after all. How am I supposed to explain everything to them? Oh hey, I can't stop thinking about a totally sexy guy I met two days ago and I played with a wolf yesterday. Don't worry about me I'm probably just gay and losing my mind... Yeah, that will go over just fine with them. Hell, I even question of choice of words at this point.

       Ryan already told mom about Colton. Quick to start gossiping about the evening like a middle-schooler, and in all honesty, I'm pretty thankful she did. I can't even wrap my mind around the idea of telling my parents what's going on. But I'll tell them everything, and they've always supported me so I really shouldn't be scared of their judgment. I just don't think that's what's nagging me in the back of my mind though.

       I think it's the fact I have to admit this to myself. I can't.

       A heavy sigh and the skip of a rock later I stand from my slightly uncomfortable spot and take a small walk around the campsite. The air is still cool from the night and shade of the trees, yet to be warmed from the sun. I shove my hands into my hoodie pocket and watch my feet, not feeling interested in looking anywhere else. I told the wolf I would continue walking through the woods today and it's welcome to accompany me, but I'd rather let someone know that I'm leaving before I vanish.

       Only an hour left. Great.

       What exactly as you supposed to do for an hour alone in the woods? I sure as hell can't sleep. And I'm not leaving the campsite. Plus I don't want to wake anyone up.

       And I'm too exhausted to even want to move.

       I head to the campfire, which is now ash in a hole in the ground. The chairs are still around it from last night and I take a seat in a random one, resting my head back and closing my eyes. I kick my feet out and let myself sink deeper into the chair as I try to gain the will to do anything.

       Staying like this for what seems like forever, I get a familiar feeling that makes me sit up and look around. Once more I feel as if I'm being watched, and I can feel the discomfort brewing in my stomach. Scanning the surrounding bushes, I don't see anything and I sigh again. Of course I don't see anything, if something was stalking me I wouldn't see it.