Chapter 9 parents come knocking

Chapter 9
Parents come knocking

((SLIGHTLY MORE EDITED))

PICTURE to the right (or top) ------> nothing

This chapter is dedicated to everyone that means something to me. I don't want to lose you.

DOMINIC •

         After mom called, we spent the rest of the evening lounging around the house and being lazy. It wasn't until later in the evening that I started having anxiety attacks as the reality of the situation fell on me. Colton and Nic tried to calm me down, but I couldn't stop running around the house, trying to clean everything and make it perfect for their visit. It wasn't a mess, to begin with, but in my eyes, it looked like a pig sty.

          It wasn't until late that Colton had to pin me down, Nic prying the mop from my hands, and they forced me to go to my room. They locked me in and told me I wasn't allowed out till morning, assuring me they had everything under control and would come to bed as soon as they were done.

          I was still restless, though.

          I tossed and turned in the bed for hours before the door creaked open quietly, two sets of feet tip-toe in. When they saw I was still awake, they stopped trying to be sneaky and climbed onto the bed with me. They tried telling me to calm down and that they had the house spotless, and I tried insisting on looking around the house myself, but they wouldn't allow it and forced me to try sleeping. Most of the night after that was spent with Colton whispering soft nothingness into my ears and Nic softly rubbing my arms and legs. It wasn't long until I fell asleep with them relaxing me.

         Now that it's the next day, whatever anxiety I had last night has tripled. I took a five-minute shower and got ready faster than I ever have in my life. All morning I could hear my heart hammering in my ears as I stressed over nothing. I'm not quite sure why my body is reacting this way, but I chalked it up to wanting my mom to have the best impression possible.

         Nic left early in the morning to his home to get some things he didn't have, leaving Colton to deal with my panic. Although, I don't think it bothered him in the slightest.

          As soon as Nic left, I tried going to check on the library, but Colton captured me, dragging me back into bed with him. His arms caress my back, fingers rubbing small circles, and he presses his lips to my hair. My cheeks heat at the action as I fight the urge to hide in his chest, knowing it'll only make things worse.

          I'm not quite used to all this attention, especially such intimate attention, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel nice. "Why are you so stressed?" He whispers softly in a deep morning voice. I turn my face to peer up at his, his eyelashes resting against his cheeks, his soft breaths brushing my skin. He looks asleep, appearing the most peaceful I've ever seen him. His lashes are as black as his hair and brows, contrasting against his alabaster skin. Stubble lines his jaw and over his pointed lips, partially covering the tattoo that crept onto his cheek from his neck. The tattoo was that of a monster that no doubt trailed to many more that lined his body. Seeing his face up close, I finally realize how handsome he truly is. No, ethereal fit better. It was as if he'd been crafted by the Gods.

          I almost forgot all my worries just listening to his voice and gazing at his features, but the back of my mind won't allow it.

          "I don't know. I guess... I'm worried about what my parents will think of you two. And whatever is going on between us..." I sigh as I rest my forehead on his chest, giving in to the temptation. His arms hug me closer, and I feel his lips press against my head again. His scent fills my nose, lavender mixed with mahogany, and my train of thought begins to derail from the current topic. I've never been so affected by someone else before, and I'm unsure how to feel about it.