Chapter 24 New Bodies

Chapter 24

New Bodies

DOMINIC

        A week of nothing but feeling sore, exhausted and not wanting to do anything at all gets boring. I'm being treated like a baby every step of the way and can't do anything for myself. Reverting back to my childhood wasn't what I asked for when I agreed with this. I feel like I'm trapped in a perpetual helplessness and won't ever be able to show that I'm fine. My anger is mostly revolved around Nic but I won't let him know that. He should know I'm well again, but apparently not.

Colton is more relaxed on his babying. Considering he doesn't exactly know what I went through or how I am feeling he most likely doesn't care quiet a much, which I'm thankful for. In my opinion I'd say I'm completely fine now. I can move freely without much soreness and to be honest I've gotten used to the changes. Everyday they become more evident as well. Like seeing in the dark at night or being able to tell when Nic is coming to check up on me locked in his bedroom condemned to bed rest.

      Although, it's irritating and suffocating, it's not entirely bad. They tend to get me whatever I ask no matter when I ask it. It could be 3 in the morning and Nic won't skip a beat to fetch it. Of course they're not always leached to me, most of the time Nic is in his office working and Colton is well... doing whatever it is he does in the middle of a pack of wolves. He spends some time in here with me to watch a movie or something if Nic is ignoring him.

      I've tried sneaking out, believe me. But it didn't work in the slightest. I didn't even make it to the next room over before Nic had me over his shoulder and was going back to bed. Why can't he see I'm ok!?

      I slip out of the silky green covers before striding to the bathroom and flicking the light on. My reflection meets my eyes as I step to the counter and lean closer to examine myself. My skin seems a tad darker, but I can't tell. It might just be the lighting. My hair is a lighter brown but not too much. I guess my appearance didn't change as much as I thought it would, but that's fine with me I suppose. I like the way I look.

      My stomach growls drawing me from my thoughts and I decide to get my own food for the first time in a week. I change into well... socially acceptable clothing, better known as a teeshirt and sweat pants before creeping the door open and poking my nose into the hall way. I glance both ways making sure the coast is clear before stepping out. I inhale deeply, trying out my sense of smell to see if Nic is close by but soon realize just how hard is it considering I smell just like him after being locked in his room. I've never noticed how strong his scent is before, it's not bad just... different. It's him.

      I cautiously make my way down the hall to the stairs heading for the kitchen. Hopefully with my luck Maria is down there cooking and she'll let me sneak a quick snack.

      I nearly jump out of my skin when I hear footsteps running down the hall towards me and try to hide till I realize it's a few of the kids living within the pack house. They give me a weird look as they pass by and whisper quietly to one another once they're a little ways away. I frown as I watch their retreating figures before heading towards the kitchen again. Rude kids...

      Genuinely impressed by the fact I've made it all the way to the kitchen, I proudly walk into the room only to have my pride beaten down by the eyes that turn to watch me as I walk in. Several middle aged women and a few teenagers stop what they're doing to watch me before whispering to one another like the kids from before did. I feel my stomach turn as I suddenly feel the desire to cover myself. I glance at the ground watching my feet as I walk and glance up now and then to find Maria. When I spot her I nearly run to her side and she chuckles at me.  "Hello dear, I haven't seen you for a few days. My do you look wonderful. How are you?" She puts down a spoon she had in her hand to cup my cheek and examines me. I chuckle lightly feeling like a child again before answering her.