Chapter 16 without a hitch

Chapter 16
Without a hitch

(( UNEDITED ))

PICTURE to the right (or top) ------> nothing

This chapter is dedicated to Margaret, the house plant

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

• NICHOLAS' POV •

"Dom!?" Colton and I jump to our feet just as Dom drops to his knees sobbing. We go over to him immediately and stop him from hitting anything else. I wrap my arms around him and pull him to me as he continues to sob. "Dominic shh it's ok, tell us what's wrong." I whisper to him rubbing his back but he only shakes his head burying his face in my chest and grabbing the front of my shirt tightly as if he was hiding. It breaks my heart to see him like this but I don't know what to do. I only keep rubbing his back and trying to calm him down. I glance at Colton to see him just as worried as I am sitting right behind Dom with a hand on his back.

I kiss the top of his head listening to his breath hitch before each sob as his body jerks with every shaky inhale. I feel his hands trembling and all I can do is wait for him to calm down and talk to us.

• DOMINIC'S POV •

When we entered the room I noticed my phone going off and quickly excused myself. This totally ruins the mood but I can't just let it ring forever. Once I find my phone I notice six missed calls from my dad as he's calling again right now. I answer immediately, "hello? Dad?" I ask and he almost a sigh of relief.

"You finally answered. Dominic I... I have something to tell you." His voice drops and I feel my chest contract and my stomach turn. What's wrong why am I suddenly so anxious?

"Dad what is it?"

"Well you see... Your mom..." Just as he mentioned mom I suddenly felt like throwing up as my eyes began to sting.

"No." I mumble, praying My thoughts are wrong.

"Dominic... I'm sorry. She's gone." I feel my throat close and my breathing stops. My mind goes blank as my vision starts to become corrupted by tears. My body reacts on its own until I feel a sharp pain through my hand and I've fallen to the floor. I can even see my own hands as I'm almost gasping for air. It can't be true it has to be a lie. There's no way, mom is so strong and kind and smart. Nothing can stop her, dad has to be lying. That's the only way.

I suddenly feel arms wrap around me and I'm pulled to a chest where I quickly try to hide myself as waves of sobs hit me. It feels like I've been shot in the chest right through my lungs. "Dominic shh it's ok, tell us what's wrong." I hear Nic whisper to me but I'm unable to form any sentence. I only shake my head and grab onto him tighter. I feel around hand on my back while Nic just pulls me closer and whispers quietly in my ear and kisses my head.

I suddenly feel someone pick me up taking me away from Nic but I quickly grab Colton as he moves me to sit on the bed. He pries me off him despite my protests and he sits on the floor in front of me cupping my cheeks. I cover my face with my hands, almost feeling the urge to dig my nails into my skin. I don't know what to do, my mind is running a million miles an hour and completely blank at the same time. He pulls my hands away and wipes my cheeks and telling me to calm down and take deep breaths. I try to listen to him and taking deep breaths the best as can.