Chapter 15

Stormstar's POV:

"Stormstar?"

"Stormstar wake up."

Stormstar sprung awake, his paws jerking at his sudden movement. He saw his clanmates surrounding him from inside his den. How did I get here?

Then, Stormstar remembered Clearlight and opened his jaws to speak but Nutwhisker stepped forwards and hushed him. The medicine cat nudged some herbs at his paws. "Eat these, Stormstar. They will help you get stronger. You're not allowed out of your den for the rest of today to allow your body to recover."

"But.. Clearlight?" Stormstar asked, eyes narrowed.

Dawnheart nodded, "We have confined Clearlight to the elders den where he awaits questioning from you. Two cats will guard the elders den at all times to make sure he does not escape."

Stormstar nodded slowly, taking in all of the new information.

The clan saw Clearlight as a threat. They had locked him in his own den. It was not right for an elder to be locked away. Stormstar was about to question Dawnheart about this but he stopped himself just in time.

Clearlight made me lose a life. For now, he must be kept in a safe place where he cannot cause anymore destruction.

__________________

Nutwhisker's POV:

"Alright everyone, get out and give Stormstar space." Nutwhisker and Dawnheart began nudging all the cats out of Stormstar's den. No one resisted against them and Nutwhisker breathed a sigh of relief as they quickly cleared away the den.

Nutwhisker padded out of the leader's den, the hot glare of the newleaf sun shining down on him. He kept his gaze low as he passed the elder's den and swiftly trotted down the medicine den tunnel and into a cold, dark cave he called his own.

Watersplash was there, sorting herbs. Nutwhisker noticed a specific herb in her paw; parsley. That herb was used for queens to dry up their milk.

He felt a stab of sympathy for the grey she cat and he lightly touched his nose to her cheek. "It'll be okay." He promised, still trying to convince himself the same thing.

Watersplash sensed the uncertainty in his voice and sighed. "How?"

Nutwhisker blinked slowly and looked up at Watersplash. He didn't want to have another argument with her, but she had to consider what he asked. "I've been thinking... Why don't you give your kits to Silverwing?"

Immediately, Watersplash stiffened up with a small hiss. "No! Never!" Then she paused and considered her thoughts for a heartbeat. "But if it's the only way..."

Nutwhisker licked Watersplash on the muzzle and purred. "Whatever decision you make, I'll stay with you. I'll even leave the clan for you if it means our kits will live a happy life."

Watersplash purred, "Really? You'd risk your medicine cat status just for me and my kits?"

"Our kits." Nutwhiskee corrected softly.

"Yes, our kits." Watersplash nodded, glancing down at her belly.

The sound of a cat clearing their throat from the entrance tunnel made both Watersplash and Nutwhisker spin around in shock.

"Shinewing!" Nutwhisker stuttered. "W-What are you doing here?"

Shinewing stood at the entrance tunnel, a bundle of herbs at her paws and her mouth hanging wide open. At last, the medicine cat apprentice found her voice. "Watersplash is expecting?!" She meowed, her eyes shining. "This is wonderful!"

"No it's not!" Nutwhisker hissed, causing Shinewing to tense. "Now that Watersplash is pregnant, we might have to leave the clan!"

"Watersplash is expecting?!" Hazefang yowled from behind them.

Nutwhisker sighed deeply and turned to face Hazefang. "Yes." He grumbled to the she cat.

Hazefang rose up from her nest and hobbled hurriedly over. She brushed her muzzle against Watersplash's chin respectfully. "Let Starclan guide you and your kits to safety."

Nutwhisker's whiskers twitched. Hazefang had started taking Starclan seriously. She really seemed to believe. Nutwhisker had once heard her say that Starclan was the one who led her to the thunderpath that day so that she could get hit by a monster and taken to Lightclan camp. It sounded pretty weird to Nutwhisker, but he was glad she actually believed in Starclan. She was now a full warrior.

___________________

Short chapter :/