Chapter 22

Silvershy's POV:

The peaceful chatter of birds above her head calmed Silvershy as she trotted after Dawnheart, Goldpool, Ashleg and Cloudsun. She was glad she got to go out of camp. She needed to do something helpful for her clan, even if it was a small as checking the border.

Goldpool turned slightly and slowed her pace to match Silvershy's. "You okay?" She asked softly.

"Yes." Silvershy meowed to the older warrior. "I just feel a bit useless, that's all."

"We all get that feeling." Goldpool shrugged her shoulders and looked ahead of her, a distant look in her eyes. "I used to think I should be a medicine cat but then I realised my destiny was to be a warrior."

Silvershy nodded silently, still watching Goldpool. After a few more heartbeats, she asked. "Have you ever felt like everyone expects you to be something when you're not?"

Goldpool glanced back at Silvershy with a knowing look on her face. "Is this about you and Silverstar being the same cat?"

"Somewhat..."

Goldpool chuckled softly, "Well... I'm not like you in that sense, but I used to be expected to act a certain way as I grew up. As a kit, I was known for being quiet. I never spoke to my den mates. I followed orders without question. I like to think that as a kit I was insecure about myself and too scared to stand out. But when I was apprenticed, my confidence sparked and I immediately became the talkative cat I am now. It took a while for my littermates to understand that I had changed. Iceheart used to always push me around, knowing that I wouldn't fight back." She giggled. "Oh, what a shock I gave her when I snapped back at her!" Then her voice lowered slightly. "I still have a little bit of shyness within me, but I've learned how to overcome it. Just like how you will too."

Silvershy stayed quiet, processing all the new knowledge she had been given. At last, she found her voice. "Thanks Goldpool." Her voice was soft and slightly wobbly. "I really needed that."

"You're welcome!" Goldpool grinned and looked up. "Oh, would you look at that! We're at the border already. Time sure flies by when you're having fun!" She giggled and trotted ahead to meet Ashleg and Cloudsun.

___________________

Flamefur's POV:

The smell of crowfood and death reached Flamefur's nose, informing her that she had reached her destination for the night.

"Flamefur?" The voice was surprised.

Flamefur turned around to see Greenstare hovering near her. "I thought I told them not to summon you tonight..."

Flamefur flicked her tail, "I summoned myself here." She flashed a small grin at Greenstare and gave her paw a lick.

"H-How?" Greenstare was shocked, her white fur standing on end and her eyes darting wildly around her as if enemies lurked around her in the darkness.

Flamefur shrugged, noticing her mentor's odd behaviour. "I just willed myself to..." Greenstare was about to answer when a voice sounded behind them, startling both she cats.

"Greenstare. What is going on? The meeting has already started." The tom's voice was husky yet also smooth. Flamefur saw a spark of attraction and affection light up in Greenstare's eyes.

Flamefur's back was still facing the tom so she slowly turned around to see a large brown tom. Dark stripes and swirls ran down his back and legs. His shoulders and head were broad and well muscled. His thick tail was twitching behind him, a slightly annoyed look on his face. His piercing yellow gaze bore into Flamefur. "Who are you?" He asked, voice rough with annoyance.

Flamefur forced herself not to cower beneath the massive tom and instead she straightened herself and meowed in a strong voice. "My name is Flamefur, who are you?" She was surprised that she could muster such a bold voice in front of such an intimidating tom.

"I'm Ghostkiller." He blinked his eyes at Flamefur before turning to Greenstare. "Is Flamefur that little apprentice you were talking about?"

"I am not little!" Flamefur snarled in reply, her tail lashing.

"Oh yeah?" Ghostkiller laughed. "Prove it!"

"Gladly!" Flamefur growled before throwing herself at Ghostkiller. Her claws were outstretched and ready to tear flesh but a heartbeat before she landed on her target, Greenstare knocked her sideways with a hiss.

"Flamefur! Respect your elders!" She hissed, claws unsheathed as she placed herself firmly between Ghostkiller and Flamefur.

Flamefur sniffed and sent a glare at Ghostkiller. The tom glared back. Then he calmed slightly and looked down at Greenstare. "NoName has started the meeting."

"Who's NoName?" Flamefur asked with narrowes eyes.

"Oh..." Greenstare meowed. "She's just a... normal... cat.. who... we are friends with..."

Flamefur could taste the lies coming from her mentor's mouth.

____________________

The end of the book is arriving soon... :3

Also....

WHO'S EXCITED FOR FNAF 4?!?!?

IT'S FINALLY OUT YEY