Bonus Chapter

Unknown POV:

The eery light of The Place Of No Stars casted dark shadows across the dead soil. The outlines of cats formed in the clearing as the Dark Forest members slunk from hiding. Their glowing gazes were scattered around the vast area as they searched for something to do while they waited.

No cat spoke. The gathering clearing was considerd a sacred place for the Dark Forest cats. A place where they simply listened.

A she cat stayed hidden behind a large boulder, her pelt coated in her shadows. She felt the tingling sensation of the shadows as they swirled around her. The whispers in her ears made her fur rise along her pelt. The shadows were growing impatient. "Calm, my lovelies." The she cat purred, her glowing white eyes gleaming with mischief. "Your time shall come soon enough." Her small speech seemed to sooth the shadows and they stopped swirling around her so quickly. Instead, they slowed to a lazy hover around her, coating her pelt in darkness.

The leafless trees swayed in a slight breeze and the she cat breathed in the dank smells of the Dark Forest. It was odd for there to be a breeze. It meant that a change was on its way. The she cat felt a shiver of excitement run through her pelt. "Nearly there." She breathed, feeling her shadows pick up in speed at her comment. Their excitement mixed with hers until the she cat felt her ears ring and body grow numb.

As quickly as the breeze had picked up, it died down. The she cat felt a pang of anger but she quickly smoothed her fur down and rose to her paws. She could sense the Dark Forest cats' impatience.

Where are they? The she cat wondered with an irritable twitch of her whiskers. They should be here by now.

The shadows coating her pelt began to sink, only swirling lazily around her paws now. With the shadows gone, the she cat's pelt was revealed. She had blood red fur and a pitch black marking on her chest. It was the marking of a whisp of smoke. The marking was simple. But it held so much meaning to the she cat. It was her symbol. It was who she was. She was the cat who controlled the shadows.

"Hello?"

A female voice broke her through her thoughts and she looked up to see the three cats she had been waiting for.

"Flare, Strike, Tyler." The she cat greeted with a curt dip of her head. When she raised her head again, her glowing white gaze studied the three cats curiously. It had been many seasons since she had last seen her siblings and she wanted to know how they were doing.

Flare looked the same, only a little older and wiser. Her half-sister's flaming orange fur swayed as she halted just a tail length from the she cat. The marking on her chest was a pair of feathered wings. Her dark orange wings were tucked neatly neatly behind her, resting along her back. Her glowing yellow eyes searched the she cat's as they stared at each other.

Then, she turned her gaze to Strike. Her brother still had the immature spark in his eyes. His short black fur ruffled slightly and his huge, red bat wings stretched out on either side of him, a small smirk on his face and his red eyes glowing. "They grew to their fill size now." His voice was filled with pride and he straightened himself. He puffed out his chest, revealing his marking. A pair of bat wings with claws on them.

Tyler stayed quiet as he sat down beside his brother and sister. He look identical to Strike, except his wings were blue and he had horns on his head and tail. His blue paws shifted slightly as he adjusted his position on the ground, wrapping his horned tail around him. His wings were tucked behind him, out of side. Though Tyler was the most quiet of the four, he was the biggest. His broad head and shoulders were the most noticeable change that the she cat could see in him.