01 | тωo ωorℓ∂ѕ coℓℓι∂є

And he tried to survive
Wearing his heart on his sleeve

Chapter 01 ~ Two Worlds Collide

Trey Carter

I woke up on the floor.

My eyes widened, vision focusing on the wide room. From the assorted baseball cards scattered all over my pristine, white, plush carpet, I could tell I was in my room, which was a good sign. As I attempted to lift myself from the floor, a sharp pain ripped through my neck and back, confirming that I hadn't slept so comfortably, and I fell to the floor again in defeat—which was not a good sign.

"It's about time," a voice called out, "I was beginning to think you died."

I looked around until my eyes met none other than Scar Patterson, my best friend since grade school. He was sat at the edge of my bed, staring straight ahead, and dangling his car keys between his fingers.

"Fuck off," I murmured, feeling slightly annoyed with the throbbing pain growing in my temples. It had been Scar's stupid idea to throw this party in the first place. Just because my parents were away for business, he thought it would be suiting to have a grand party for my 18th birthday. At the time, I was all for it, but now that I couldn't feel my toes, I deeply regretted it.

Scar didn't speak for quite some time, the only noise sounding from the soft ticking of the clock on the far wall.

"So, how's the breeze?" Scar asked with a silly smile on his face.

"What are you—" My breathing stopped altogether when I looked over my shoulder and noticed I was completely and shamelessly nude. My eyes traveled to the king-sized bed beside me, my mouth falling open when I saw the severely scattered sheets and unmade bed.

I closed my eyes tightly, trying to piece together what happened. Everything from the previous night was just one huge blur in my mind, but there was one thing I knew for certain—I got laid last night.

I cursed silently to myself as I crawled to my bedside table and retrieved a pair of boxers to relieve me of my current, unfortunate situation. When I was half-dressed, I stood to my full height and stretched my arms wide, giving a full, loud yawn.

Scar's silly smile was still a permanent feature on his face. "Who was it?" he pried with a raised brow.

I scratched my head in confusion. "I don't know. I think it was a boy, but it might have been a girl. I don't remember."

His smug smile turned into an even cockier grin as his blue-green eyes danced with utter interest and intrigue. "Nice."

I sighed, shaking my head in disbelief. One of the reasons why I agreed to this party was because Scar swore he would look out for me to make sure nothing like this happened.

"Where the hell were you?" I voiced my thoughts. "What happened to sticking by my side to ensure that I didn't get drunk and carried away?"

A glimmer of guilt shone in his eyes, but it was gone as quickly as it came. "That was my plan," he began to explain as he waved his finger in the air, "but I got distracted."

"By what?"

His grin was back. "Big booty Judy."

A chuckle escaped my lips before I could stop it. Even though Scar was currently in a gay relationship, it didn't stop him from lusting after certain girls with big assets.

"Speaking of big booty Judy," he cleared his throat, "she disappeared last night. You didn't happen to have sex with her, did you?"

I turned away from him and ran a lazy hand down my face, groaning as I did so. It was going to be next to impossible to forget about my one night stand. "I told you I don't remember," I snapped at him. "Besides, why does big booty Judy matter when you have big booty Jamie?"