19 | нєrє ωє gσ αgαιn

I tell everyone we are through
'Cause I'm so much better without you

Chapter 19 ~ Here We Go Again

Trey Carter

There was something wrong with me.

I wasn't the greatest person to ever exist, I knew that, but who was? I was aware of the fact that I had a hand in destroying all of the close relationships that I had ever been involved in, and I was also aware of the fact that my fear of formally "coming out" played an important role in how I treated people. But I found my unlucky love life to be strangely peculiar, especially when people who didn't even deserve love received it before I did.

So there was only one conclusion to come to: there was something wrong with me. There was something about me that prevented anyone from actually caring about my well-being. There was something about me that made others think it was okay to sell me to their drug lords. There was something about me that needed to be fixed, fast.

"Trey, come on," Owen attempted to console me for the hundredth time since I decided to turn the yacht around and head back home. He didn't shut up for the entire drive back to my mansion, despite my constant refusal to acknowledge him, and he certainly didn't stop talking when we entered the house.

And here I thought that I had finally found someone who liked me for me. Owen didn't like me; he only planned on using me to save his own ass. I could've been able to comprehend Owen's lack of morals if it were any given day, but what really angered me ... what really tore me apart ... was that he had the nerve to give me away to that creep after everything I had done for him!

I could've left him stranded on the highway when he was bleeding out, but I didn't. I could've called the cops on him after Raven returned me to my house, but I didn't. I could've turned him away and refused to give him a place to stay while he dodged Lucifer, but I fucking didn't. And now that I was thinking back on it, I wish I had the cruel ability to do what I didn't do before, just so he would know what this heartache felt like.

"You can't not talk to me," Owen proceeded to diffuse the situation with his witty remarks, but if my straight face was any indication, I wasn't having it. "Trey, seriously. I was planning to sell you to Lucifer, but so what? I didn't. That's all that matters, right?"

The entrance to the piece of shit's guest room came into full view, and I didn't waste any time in throwing the door open and pushing him through the threshold. Raven lifted her head from the book she was reading, and she smiled a toothy grin. "Hey, how'd it go?"

Simply ignoring her, I shoved Owen away from me and set my attention on something far more important—the black haired boy with the busted lip hunched in the corner of the room. Seething in anger, I stomped towards the boy and grabbed the collar of his shirt to bring him to his feet. I heard Raven and Owen question me about my impending actions, but I ignored their questions and dragged the boy out of the room. The very second that I stepped into the comforts of my own room, I threw the boy against the wall, watching as he hit the concrete with a thud and slumped onto the floor.

"What do you know about Lucifer," I demanded. Ake was in visible pain from being tossed around so frequently, but he didn't seem to care; laughing at me under his breath was his only concern. Growing irritated at this whole situation, I kicked him in his side. He howled in pain and moved quickly to clutch the area, but he didn't make a move to share any information. "What do you know about Lucifer!"