07 | gσт ∂уnαмιтє

I can't wait for you to understand
If you just don't get it

Chapter 07 ~ Got Dynamite

Trey Carter

I needed to find a way out of here.

It couldn't have been that hard to do. There was no doubt in my mind that my parents would pay the ransom in a heartbeat—I mean, why wouldn't they? It wasn't like they had much to lose—but I couldn't just sit around and wait for something to happen. With all the cigarette smoke and other substances permeating the air, I was seriously starting to worry about my personal health. Getting out of here wouldn't mean much if I contracted some kind of weird lung disease.

It had been a full day since Owen and his girlfriend kidnapped me. Surely, Scar would've noticed that I didn't return to play video games with him and surely, my parents would've known I was missing. They would've checked the security cameras to see my kidnappers' faces and then they'd contact the police so they could search for them. In just the matter of time, I'd be back in my comfortable king-sized instead of this old, worn-out excuse of a couch.

Raven waltzed into the living room, wearing nothing but an over-sized t-shirt that was way too big to be hers. "So," she drawled as she popped open a can of cola and brought it to her seemingly always-red lips. "You're the one who punched Owen."

I barely glanced at her and slumped into the futon, refusing to entertain any of these sick, twisted stoners.

"I'll have you know that Owen and I have known each other since high school," she continued anyway. "That means he's like my ride or die. You mess with him, then you mess with me and you do not want to mess with me."

I simply stared at her, feeling slightly bit intimidated. She had a pretty face and she was pretty small in size, but somehow, I knew she'd follow through on her threats if she was ever given the opportunity.

"Now, that I've gotten that out of my system..." She plopped down beside me and tucked her feet under her bottom, "...how 'bout we play a game of Never Have I Ever?"

Confused, I turned to face her with my brows furrowed into a line. "You want to play a game with me? I could've sworn this whole hostage thing meant that you and your boyfriend would continue to insult me with racist jokes and laugh at me in front of my face while depriving me of food."

Raven raised a perfectly groomed brow. "We might as well have fun with you while we can! Plus, I've always wanted one of those gay best friends."

I narrowed my gaze at her. Why did she make it sound like something that can be bought? "I'm not an object."

Her eyebrows rose in surprise, but it was quickly followed by a teasing smirk. "Whatever, let's just play the game." She stood to her feet for only a moment just to retrieve a bottle of whiskey from under the seat cushion. She sat back down and twisted the cap off the alcoholic beverage. "Okay, never have I ever ... used a dildo before."

I folded my arms across my chest in severe disapproval. "Seriously?"

She shrugged as she took a sip from the bottle and handed it to me. "Come on, drink up."

"I haven't used one," I spat in a bitter tone. "Every time I try to use it, I'm always interrupted."

Raven's lips curled into a smile. "Aw, poor baby." She nudged my shoulder. "Your turn."