One

|S L E E P O V E R.|

|Rosalie is 18\Harry is 32|

"You should come over sometime." says..—I don't even remember her name, some girl with a slight british accent. Do all the kids here have accents? We're in rural Tennessee, there's no way.

The stranger taps my forearm again chanting things of a 'sleepover'.

What age is too old to say sleepover? I mean what else could she possibly call it?

"That'd be fun!" I uneasily smile at her. Even though this feels oddly rushed, I am lacking in the friend department..

"I'll text my dad at lunch. Not sure if he will answer but either way I'm sure it's fine." She says walking me to my next class. History. Which os honestly one of my least favorite classes. I wish more world history was taught in American schools, I'm very interested. Can you even trust these American textbooks anyway?

The nice stranger talks the rest of the period about her hobbies, which people to avoid in our class, and of course she had to note how many of the boys she had already dated.

I got to brief her on how my parents are always gone on business trips that usually take place in other countries. I don't have any siblings, and my entire family, outside of my parents, live in Colorado. Oh I miss Colorado. We move constantly so my parents can easily travel and work with their clients. They are both art directors for some of the most prestigious art museums in the world. They travel wherever their prize exhibits travel, even if that simply means closer to an airport. While I know they make a decent living my parents live a modest life and put most of their money back into traveling. As for me, they also modestly choose to never be home. So I feed and take care of myself on my own most of the time. It's not terrible but it gets lonely.

"There's only a few more minutes of class. Could I have your number in case dad says no after all?" She asks already taking her phone from her pocket without even glancing at me.

"Oh, Y-yea, of course." I say cooly, giving her my number and watching her type each numeral in.

The rest of my classes pass by quickly and I make very few friends (by few I mean zero). Overall this school is just like any other American school. Trash. As for the boys, confused and testosterone driven. They make fools of themselves trying to empress their male counterparts. As for the girls, they just try to fit in and not go fucking crazy. Sound like your school?

My phone buzzes in my pocket.

From:**********
'Hey it's Carter. He said you could stay over! Lmk if you're still down to stay! :p'

sigh.
I don't have any clothes-
I don't know if my parents-
It's my first day and I'm already fucking nervous-
I delete all of these, shaking my head.

To: Carter
'Im still down! Lol I'll meet you in the cafeteria after last period.'

I put my phone away and drone off as my boring class drags on. I begin to daydream of  being back in Colorado with my friends.

— After last period —

"I hope the driver lets you on without a note." she giggles as we make our way to the bus stop.

We both walk onto the old bus, and quickly find a seat in the back together.

—Bus stop: Carter's House—

"My house is the next road over." she says smiling and peering out of the smudgy window.

So far we've done the basic introductory. Her parents are split, and mine are somehow still together. She knows how to do many things, I know how to paint. Her father makes plenty of money, my parents love to travel. We have one thing in common and it's being lonely.