Eighteen

It's a pretty silent ride home other than the soft mumbles coming from Harry.
Once we get to the house I open Harry's door and wait for him to stumble out but he walks out like he is totally fine. You can't sober up this fast? Can you?

We get all the way to the door before I realize Harry is still drunk when he says he can't see the handle.

Carter sighs and snatched his keys out of his hands, and quickly unlocks the door. He quickly goes into the kitchen, and we go into the living room. Carter turns the tv on and starts to flip through the channels. Harry starts talking to himself in the kitchen and Carter throws her remote down and stomps upstairs. I sit confused.

I start to walk towards the kitchen and get met by strong smell of alcohol and mint gum. He leans against the wall trying to look smooth but I know he needs it for balance.

"Hey." He almost whispers

"Hey." I sigh and cross my arms

"How are you." He smiles

"Fine." I answer shifting my weight

"Don't lie to me Rose." He moves closer so I feel his breath on my forehead

"I'm not lying to you." I sigh with a little eye roll

He puts his hand under my chin and raise my face up to his.

His licks his lips and continues to smirk down at me.

"Tell me what's got you so tense." He says

"Doesn't concern you." I say knowing that my problems are the last thing I want to talk about. 

His hand glides down my arm and stops at my hand. He takes my hand in his and pulls me closer. The strong smell of alcohol on his breath makes my nose burn.

"Come have a drink with me." He wraps his arm around me and drags me into the kitchen.

He grabs a short glass cup out of the cabinet and sets it on the black marble counter.

"What's your preference?" He asks heading towards his stash of alcohol.

"I don't drink." I say

"The things you were saying in my bed beg to differ darling." He pulls out a amber liquor and pours us both a glass.

He hands me the drink and watches me with a smirk.

I sip the drink trying to act natural but I think he catches on when my eyes start watering.

Sometime passes and I've had a few drinks and we've moved to his bedroom. We already checked on Carter and she was knocked out on her bed.

We lay on his bed and talk about random things and movies. He's a pretty tolerable drunk.

"You know the first time I saw you I felt like Emma was talking to me, giving me some way to move on."

"Move on? How would I help you?" I laugh

"We'd be together."

__________________________

I'm back