Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Ana's POV

"Bye," I whispered, fiddling with the hem of my shirt nervously.

"See you tomorrow?" He asked, acting the complete oposite of me. His hands were shoved in his pockets, his black hair falling effortlessly on his forehead. Looking hesistantly towards him, I could see his green eyes looking at me...more like looking through me.

Nodding, I felt like a mute, like my mouth had gone dry. No matter how silly the truth was, it's been a while since I've actually made friends, even though I wasn't sure if Jacob was my friend yet, and that was fine by me.

Pulling out my house key, I unlocked my front door, not daring to glance back. Not even a second had passed until I heard Josh's voice boom through the silence, "Ana, where have you been?" he asked, his hands on his hips.

"God, Josh. Stop staring at me like that, I didn't do anything wrong," I snapped, walking past him and through our giant living room.

I paced up the marble steps, rushing to get to my room. All I wanted was some rest, after all, my first day had been an abnormal one.

Apparantly rest was too much to ask for, as Josh barged through my door, not bothering to knock once, a concerned look plastered onto his face. It was obvious he knew that something was wrong; I wasn't acting like myself lately.

"Look, sorry, it's just....I didn't have the best day," I began, mentally begging he would leave it at that.

"It's cool, you're my sis, you can tell me anything." He explained, seating himself on my bed.

"Well, where do I start? As soon as you left me in the hallway, I tripped, my books scattering everywhere. This guy...Jacob, he helped me to my class-" I sighed, wondering how to explain the next set of events without getting Josh too worked up. "I saw him again in second period, and he managed to get us both detention...so we ditched." I summarized, too afraid to look my brother in the eyes.

"Alright, so this...Jacob guy, who is he?" Josh asked. I could tell he was trying to control his voice, since he never acted this calm.

"Honestly, I don't know yet, but I'm willing to find out." I mumbled, more to myself than my brother.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Josh nodding his head in understanding, "Ana, you know I will always be there for you, right? If this Jacob kid does anything to you, I swear to god I will beat the living crap out of him!" he warned, jabbing his finger in the air.

A grin made its way on my face, "I know," I whispered as Josh left my room.

~_~

"Get up, get up, get up!" Josh yelled, jumping on my bed like it was a trampoline.

"Josh, get the hell off my bed!" I grumbled, shoving my face in my pillow.

"Ugh, good you're finally awake!" He sighed, climbing off my bed in a rush. "Hurry up Ana, I want to get to school!"

My brother? School? Yeah right.

"Bro, did you meet some girl? Why are you in such a damn rush?" I croaked, letting the cool air hit my skin as I got out of bed.

Shuffling uncomfortably under my gaze he mumbled a soft, "No..."

Bolting out of my laying position, I started squeeling like an eight year old girl, "Oh my god Josh, who is it? When do I get to meet her? What's her name?"

"Whoa-whoa-whoa! Her name's Chantelle, and you're not meeting her!" he stated, his face turning pink from the blush that was taking over his face.

Giggling, I asked, "And why not?"