Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: Ana's POV

Even after Jacob left, I was baffled with how vague his explanation for leaving was. Usually when someone leaves you, they at least give you some type of clue to lead you into the right direction, but no...he gave me absolutely nothing. What's up with that?  Guess he really didn't want my help...

I spent most of my afternoon just lazing around, eating bags of chips and ice cream while watching my favorite movies. Since I had nothing better to do, I thought doing a movie marathon sounded like an  entertaining idea. I was bundled under a huge knit blanket when my phone started buzzing, telling me I got a new text message. 

A text message....that's not right. I never got text messages! No one ever wanted to talk to me, mostly because of the fact I wasn't comfortable talking to them. What can I say? I'm pretty antisocial like that.

Unknown- Hey, are you okay?

My face crinkled in confusion. I didn't even remember giving anyone my number....so I was basically standing in my living room holding my phone as I tried recalling anything that would help me. 

Should I reply?

What if it was some stranger who got the wrong number? Yeah, that would make a lot more sense.

After a couple moments of my twiddling thumbs hovering over my phone's keyboard, I finally gave the stranger a reply. 

Ana- Sorry, I think you got the wrong number!

Faster than I could even comprehend, the stranger sent back another text message, this one managing to confuse me even more than the first. What an accomplishment....

Unknown- That's not possible, I'm sure I'd remember a girl's number. Especially a girl as pretty as you. ;) 

Alright, now if this was a prank I would be ready to hunt down this jerk and give him a piece of my mind. Oh who was I kidding, I wouldn't have the nerve to do something that big, but this asshole was really pissing me off. Why couldn't he just leave me alone? 

Ana- Who are you?

It was the largest question wracking my brain right now. Maybe, if this jerk wasn't trolling, it was someone I actually knew. 

Unknown- Meet me at the park in 15 minutes and find out. Don't worry, I'm not going to murder you.

"I'm not going to murder you." Yeah, because that really helps. How could I even trust this person? They could just be lying, right?

You see this? Yeah, this whole 'trust issue' was another reason I hardly ever made friends. So far, two friends is a new accomplishement for me. 

Ana- Fine, but I'm bringing a weapon incase!

Yeah I probably shouldn't give away that I'm bringing protection....smart move, Ana. God, sometimes I could be such an idiot.

I placed my phone back on the table as I rushed upstairs to get dressed. What if this stranger was cute? I didn't want to look like a complete train reck! I also didn't want to be late, since I only had 15 minutes to make it to the park and it takes me 5 just to get there, meaning I had 10 minutes to get to a decent-looking level.

What can I say? I look like a retarded dinosaur when I'm just alone at home, and the best I can possibly look....is a deranged monkey. Seriously, life wasn't very fair.

Once I was done putting on a faint bit of makeup to cover up my lack up sleep, and changed from pj's to a hoodie and jeans, tied my hair up into a bun, and grabbed my sun glasses, I deemed decent enough.