Chapter 2

Jack P.O.V

We were all at the North Pole, preparing for Christmas. Ever since Pitch came we have done this for Easter and Christmas. We destroyed Pitch twenty years ago. An elf ran up to me and held out a cookie plate. "No thanks little guy, I'm good." The elf then walked away with a frown.

"We must hurry, we have two more days!" North's voice boomed. The yetis then started making toys faster. The elfs, well they were just running around in circles.

Everybody stopped when the moonlight shown down on us. "Manny what have you for us now?" Asked North happiness in his voice. When the moon made a shadow of Pitch all you could hear was gasps of surprise. Then a blue crystal shot out of the ground. The moon shone against it and started to form something. "A new guardian is being chosen," Tooth mumbled from beside me. "We took him on once why can't we do it again?" Bunny kept his aggravated question quiet. The moonlight formed a girl, she had blonde wavy hair and sparking light blue eyes. She had a zebra print dress, snake patterned tights, a headband with cat ears, A starfish necklace, and lastly flip flops on her feet. What surprised me the most is that she had a staff that looked just like mine, except it was leopard print. Man does this girl like animal print. I almost didn't notice the phoenix that was perched on the curve if her staff. All the yetis screeched with glee. Bunny even perked up a bit then frowned.

"Oi is this a joke, crikey this girl is just a myth!" Came, you guessed it Bunnymund's voice. "Who?" I asked speaking up. "Juliet, animal protector spirit. She is said to have died saving an animal. She is only filled with good. There were stories about her when you started to be a guardian. Her phoenix, Flare is her companion. They both will protect each other with their lives. Meaning it will be hard to get her. Her staff transforms her into any animal. We will need to take that from her. She is a very tough one, but if Flare is with her she should be less upset about the capture." North explained to me, starting to form a plan.

I wondered why I had never heard of her before this. I guess if the guardians thought she was a myth so does everyone else. North said that she was tough so I wonder who will have to get her. I looked around and everyone was watching me.

"Ah Jack you will bring her here. Now I want you to bring two of my yetis and shove her and her phoenix in the sack." North said it like it was no big deal.

"No, fire and ice don't work together," I protested. "Neither does fur and fire mate." "This is my holiday I can't leave the workshop." "Her phoenix could burn my feathers." I bet you can guess who said what. Sandy made a bunch of sand signs I didn't understand.

"Fine I'll go, but if I die its on you," I said.

"You've already done it once. Now remember you must catch her when she doesn't have her staff. She could really hurt you then. Phil and Bob will go with you." North explained to me. I groaned thinking of the trouble I would have to go through to 'kidnap' her. North then gave me two snow glob portals. He said that she would be in the woods of Libby, Montana.

The yetis got the sack and we were ready to go. "Libby Montana," I whispered to the glob. I thew it in front of me, and it formed a rainbow portal. The yetis and I hopped through the portal only to land on soft grass. It looked like a national park. The yetis got up and helped me to my feet.

We must have been searching for hours until I heard giggling. When we got closer to the noise I saw a phoenix flying in the air in circles. The girl laughing looked just like the moon showed her. Accept this version was so happy and full of life. Her happiness shinning in her eyes. I now was regretting why I was here. She was so happy and she wouldn't be to happy away from here. Her phoenix landed on her staff happily nuzzling her.

The phoenix then flew in the air and she ran. Great just when I found her she runs. Why would she leave her phoenix though? At that moment I heard a giant boom and the tree beside me caught on fire. Her phoenix was curled on a bed of burned grass. I then saw her come back and she picked up the phoenix and took him away.

When she was out of sight I started to look for her staff. I mean how hard can it be to find a leopard print staff. I found it laying in the burnt grass. Wow this staff is kinda cool, but if anybody asks I never said that. I picked it up, her staff in one hand and mine in the other. After about 3 minutes she came back. She started to frantically search the ground. "Looking for this," I asked with a smirk on my face.

Her expression turned cold in less then a second. "Jack Frost. To what do I owe the pleasure of being in your presence?" She glared up at me with a sort of fire that I thought only her Phoenix could have. "You'll be coming with me."

"I don't think so pretty boy. Flare," she called out loudly. Just then a bolt of fire was in my face. "Nope I don't think so, boys." Phil and Bob came out from behind a bush. Phil grabbed Juliet and put her in the sack. While Bob grabbed Flare's tail and put him in the sack. The sack was twisting and turning. Got to be faster I thought. I then pulled out the last snow glob. "The workshop," I whispered to it. I then threw it and waited for it to form a portal. The rainbow swirl appeared and we jumped through it. We placed the sack down and waited.

The only thought going through my head was..................Boy am I in trouble when she gets out......

AN AHHHHHHHHH I'm so happy it's not even funny!!!! I got two new people to read this story. Thank you to MeUknownCool and moonpaw this is for you!!!! :D