Percy Jackson- Team Free Will (Part 2)

It's been twenty four hours since Sam had agreed to be Lucifer's vessel. No one's heard a word from him since. Percy was lucky though, since soon after, they'd found the whereabouts of his father Poseidon.

While Dean and Bobby stayed around to figure out a plan to get Sam back, Castiel went back to Heaven to hopefully get aid from his family. And by that, he meant his only true family. God.

He had been in his favorite heaven, the memory of an old blind man. Maybe it was because of the serene quietness of the garden that seemed to relax him or the sweet aroma of the leaves that heightened his senses. Whatever it was, this was his place of sanctuary.

As Castiel sat down on a bench, looking up to the sky, he called out for the only person who could possibly help him, "What do I do father? I've failed you, my siblings, even the humans you've taught us to watch over. I just, can't do this anymore. I need your help."

Silence comes in multiple forms. It can be the sound of bristling trees in the wind, the hushed whispers of many, even the gentle waves washing over a quiet beach at night. But the worse silence, is calling out to someone who clearly wasn't listening.

Castiel bowed his head, burying it in his hands with frustration. What was the point anymore? All his life, he lived in blind faith and devotion, naive to what he wanted for himself. The chance to be an individualist. And now, at the moment when he needed his father most, he was absent.

"Do you angels always mope around in gardens?" said an unfamiliar male voice. Castiel furrowed his eyebrows as he looked up to see a man with long, curly black hair, a scruffy beard and a torn up black shirt with black leather pants. He looked like a washed up, rejected rockstar.

"Who are you?" Castiel narrowed his eyes as he reached for his angel blade in his trench coat.

"No need for the sudden use of weaponry," the man arched a brow at the glint of his blade, "I'm here to help. My name is Hades."

"You're Hades? As in the Greek god of the Underworld Hades?" Castiel's eyes widened, hesitant to believe him.

"In the flesh," Hades smiled, opening his arms wide to present himself.

"What are you doing here in Heaven? Don't we have a treaty?" Castiel scowled at him, still not letting go of his blade.

"Yes, but I'm here to assist you with the whole Lucifer situation," Hades eyed the blade nervously. Castiel slowly lowered his blade, curious by his sudden offer.

"And why would you do that?" He arched a brow.

"Because apparently that self-absorbed archangel isn't content with just owning hell and wants to own the Underworld too," Hades muttered angrily, "Now I'd be fine if he was in his previous vessel because he was less powerful and less threatening. However, now that Sam Winchester's his new vessel, he can easily take over my kingdom and I won't stand for it."

"What is your plan to stop him then?" Castiel interrupted, hoping for him to get to the point.

"I know someone who could help you go back in time and stop Sam Winchester from agreeing to be Lucifer's vessel," Hades spoke, almost in a loud whisper as if any one else could hear.

"Who?" Castiel leaned forward, peaked with curiosity.

"My father. Kronos," Hades mumbled.

"But isn't he imprisoned?" Castiel was unsure at what he was getting at. From what he heard, Zeus overthrew Kronos and trapped him in Tartarus, an unknown abyss worse than hell or the underworld put together.

"Yes but that doesn't mean you can't message him," Hades insisted.

Castiel hesitated, unsure if this was a good idea. "Let's say you are right and I can speak to him. What makes you think he will want to help?"

"He's been stuck in that prison for practically a millennium. He'll do anything to get a chance to use his powers," Hades leaned against a nearby tree, crossing his arms, "Sp are you in?"

Castiel sighed, "Fine. How do I contact him?"

~Time Skip~

"Are you sure this is safe?" Percy asked, with a frantic expression. "I mean, are you sure I have to do this?"

"Yes, you're the only one who has a link to both the earth realm and our realm," Hades explained, placing a hand on his shoulder to calm him down, "Don't worry. Think of it like your mind is going on a vacation while a stranger is inhabiting your body or 'home.'"

Percy's eyes widened at the thought. "I don't think that was helping," Castiel muttered from beside.

"Sorry I'm never good at these things. Anyways, are you ready?" Hades asked.

"No," Percy mumbled nervously.

"Great!" Hades smiled, "Now focus your energy on searching for Kronos."

Percy nodded and took a deep breath, inhaling, then exhaling. The room was silent for a moment, only filled with the echoes of his breathing and his steady heartbeat.

Abruptly, his head sunk down. Castiel quickly reached for his blade, ready to attack. "It's okay Castiel. It's okay," Hades placed his palm down to signal him to stand off as he approached Percy.

Hades kneeled down in front of Percy, studying his unconscious stature. He raised his hand up to his chin, lifting it to face him. Suddenly, his eyes opened like curtain blinds being shot up. But they weren't the normal crystal blue eyes Percy was known for. There were specks of gold, piercing gold in his eyes. Almost vengeful and filled with hate.

"Let go of me son," a deep unusual voice came out of Percy's lips. Hades quickly dropped his hand and stood up, amazed by what was happening. Kronos turned his eyes to face Castiel, "Who is that?"

"My name is Castiel. I'm an angel of the lord," Castiel stood bravely, keeping his chin up.

"An angel? What's an angel doing working with a Greek god to summon a Titan such as myself?" Kronos furrowed his, well Percy's, eyebrows.

"He needs your help father," Hades spoke.

"You really think I'm going to help him? Why should I?" Kronos scoffed in disbelief.

"Look sir, this is the last plea I wanted to resort to, however, times are rough. My brother, Lucifer, is arising and he won't stop till blood is shed. I need you to send me back in time to prevent Sam Winchester from agreeing to be his vessel," Castiel explained.

"And why is that of my concern? Just because we're both immortal, doesn't mean I have to clean up your mess," Kronos scowled at him.

"Yeah well, while you've been stuck in a dungeon all this time, Lucifer has been killing our own kind. He already killed Hera," Hades frowned.

"Your sister Hera?" Kronos's scowl turned into a look of worry.

"Yes. And sooner or later, he's going to kill the rest of us," Hades warned.

For a moment, Kronos glanced back and forth between Castiel and Hades. With a sigh, he finally spoke, "I'll help however I am able. But tell me, how will you be able to stop him?"

"Well we know where Lucifer had kidnapped Poseidon so if we find him, then Lucifer won't be able to threaten Sam into consenting," Castiel stated.

"Okay. I'll send you back then. But you have to make sure you do it right that time or else I won't be able to send you back again. Being stuck in Tartarus for so long has made me weaker," Kronos explained, holding his hand out.

"I will try my best," Castiel nodded, walking towards Kronos

As Kronos placed his hand on Castiel's forehead, Castiel shut his eyes, feeling a warm energy flow through him. Kronos's eyes flashed a bright gold as his energy transferred to Castiel and with one final whisper, he spoke.

"Good luck soldier."

~(A/N: And that was the end! I know, what a cliff hanger, but you probably already know what would've happened next. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this two part one-shot and I'll try my best to update more. Hope you enjoyed your day, see ya later! ^.^)~