Somebody I Used to Know- Sam Winchester (Part 2)

It's been difficult dealing with soulless Sam. You thought you'd get used to it, but it broke your heart to see how much he changed. So when Dean said that Death could get his soul back, you were practically ecstatic.

"Bobby! Open the door," Dean called out from downstairs.

You and Bobby rushed down to see what the commotion was and quickly noticed Death was standing beside Dean.

"What happened?" Bobby asked.

"Now!" Dean ordered with urgency.

Bobby quickly complied, unlocking the door to the panic room. Inside was Sam, sitting on an old, thin mattress. Sam's eyes widened as Death approached him.

Sam cowered back,"Get away from me! Don't! Don't-"

"Now Sam, I'm going to put up a barrier inside your mind," Death said calmly.

"Don't touch me," Sam tried his best to escape but there was no where to go.

"I can't watch this," you muttered and quickly backed away, heading upstairs.

~Time Skip~

"How's he holding up?" you asked as you watched Dean and Castiel walk in. Ever since Sam got his soul back, he was out cold.

"He'll live," Dean managed to say with a somber tone. He narrows his eyes, looking over at the newspaper you were reading. "Job?"

"Might be," Bobby said as he walked in with a bottle of whiskey.

"Let me see," Dean said and you handed him the paper.

"Dean?" a raspy, low voice spoke.

You glanced up to see that it was Sam, conscious and speaking. His hair was a mess and there were bags under his eyes.

He quickly ran over to hug Dean then hugs Bobby. His eyes soon landed on you and he squeezed you into a hug, practically sweeping you off your feet. Though surprised at first, you hugged him back, nesting your face into his chest. You smiled as you smelt the familiar scent of his flannel.

"I missed you so much," Sam said, resting his chin on top of your head.

"Ditto," you pulled away from the embrace with a slight smile. You tried so hard not to cry.

"Good to see you," Bobby smiled.

"Wait. I saw you-" Sam furrowed his eyebrows at Bobby, "-I felt Lucifer snap your neck."

"Well Cas kind of-"Bobby started to explain.

"Cas is alive?" Sam interrupted.

"Yeah Cas-Cas is fine. Sam, are you okay?" Dean asked.

"Actually um...I'm starving."

~Time Skip~

"I'm so glad to be back here with you," Sam smiled as he gently squeezed your hand. You two decided to take a midnight stroll to just talk.

"I'm glad too. It was hard to cope with you gone for so long," you admitted, gazing down at the grass.

"What actually happened? Dean won't tell me, but I'm assuming you know," Sam said, stopping in place.

"The past is the past. It's not important," you waved it off, knowing that if you brought up anything, it might break the wall Death put on his mind.

"Oh come on, not you too (Y/N)," Sam frowned. "Can you at least just look at me?"

You glanced up at the younger Winchester, mesmerized by his docile eyes. He looked so vulnerable and innocent for once, but inside, there was a darker pain brooding within.

"Sam, you love me right?"

"Of course I do," Sam furrowed his eyebrows, not sure of what you were getting at.

"Then you'll have to trust me when I say that it's not important. Just move on," you told him, practically pleading.

He stared back at you for a moment, pondering your plead. "I...I guess," he finally said with a disappointed expression.

"I'm sorry Sam. But just know I'm doing this for you," you apologized.

"I understand," Sam bent down and kissed you softly on the lips. You were glad to finally have your old Sam back. Even if the circumstances weren't perfect.