Familiar- Philippe LeChat

~(A/N: Hey! This was requested by @xxyasminxx_ys.Check out her account and follow if you'd like. Otherwise, hope you enjoy the story)~

"Awe, poor kitty," you bent down to pick up the wounded cat you found in an empty alley way. You were on your way home from work when you spotted it, whimpering in pain. You looked around as you cradled the small black cat in your arms, trying to find the culprit, but realized whoever it was, was now long gone. "Don't worry, I'll get you fixed right up."

Luckily, your apartment wasn't too far from there and you got home quick enough to tend to the cat's wounds. You lied the cat down on your couch on top of a towel, then went over to the bathroom to retrieve your first aid kit. You could hear the cat meow loudly in pain, causing you to grimace. Whoever had done this, was pure evil. "It'll be okay," you assured talking to the cat, even though you knew he couldn't understand you.

You brought the first aid kit over to the living room and sat beside the cat. "Let me see," you reached your hand over to examine the cat's wounds. There was a long, dark red vertical slit at the side of his face, but otherwise, luckily nothing else was harmed. As you brushed your hand over the wound, the cat abruptly jerked back. "It's okay, it's okay," you whispered and stroked its soft, black fur.

The cat purred, leaning onto your hand and shutting its eyes. You smiled and reached over for some anti-bacterial wipes from the kit. You weren't exactly a veterinarian, but you knew what you were doing. At least you hope you did.

After bandaging the cat's wound, you decided to take it with you to your room. You placed the cat on the bed and walked over to your drawer to put on some pj's. As you took off your work clothes, you noticed the cat had been oddly staring at you for a while. It was a little creepy, but you brushed it off and slipped into a t-shirt and sweats. Once you were done, you hopped onto bed beside the cat and shut the lights off. The cat crawled closer to you, slipping into your arms as you drifted off soundly to sleep.

~Time Skip~

You woke up feeling the bright sun peeking through your eyelids and hearing soft snores that weren't coming from you. Confused and disoriented, you quickly opened your eyes to see a man sleeping right across from you. "AHHH!" You screamed, causing the guy to jolt awake.

"What the hell? How'd you get in here?!?" you shouted frantically, hopping off the bed and backing into the wall.

"I'm sorry. It's not what you think. I can explain," the guy said, trying to calm you down, then sent a message to you telepathically, "My name is Philippe LeChat. I'm a familiar."

"How'd you do that?" you were wide eyed.

"I told you. I'm a familiar. Your familiar, now that we are bonded," he flashed a smile, his eyes shining a piercing yellow hue, "You are aware of what familiars are right?"

You only practiced a little witchcraft, but you heard some rumors about familiars. You thought they were just a myth, and never bothered to find out the truth because you weren't really friends with the any of the other witches around. "I thought familiars didn't exist," you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Well here I am," he said. He was right. Here he was, a familiar in the flesh. You studied him more, noticing a familiar band-aid on the same spot you had put on the cat the night before.

"Does...does your face still hurt?" you asked nervously, slowly walking over to him.

"Just a bit. But I'm grateful that you took me in," he smiled again.

"This is weird," you admitted, "I never had a familiar before. Who uh--who did that to you?"

"I don't remember," Philippe looked down, fiddling with his hands. "All I remember is you taking me in and helping me. And that's when I knew we were the perfect fit, you and I."

"Hmm..." you nodded, "Well since we're bonded now. I guess I should introduce myself. My name's (Y/N)."

"(Y/N). That's a beautiful name."

"Thanks. Are you hungry?"

~Time Skip~

"So you're like my servant basically?" you asked as you eat your (favorite breakfast food).

"Yes. As your familiar, my job is to obey your commands and keep you safe," he nodded, watching you eat. His plate was full and he seemed to be more focused on talking to you than eating at the moment.

"I don't know. I don't really like the idea of thinking of you as my servant. I want you to have you're own free will."

"I kind of do, in a way. I just can't disobey you."

You placed your spoon back in your bowl and sighed, "Yeah, but you see? That's not really free will."

He frowned, "Sorry."

"No need to apologize," you waved off and went back to eating your cereal. You started thinking back to the night before, trying to figure out how you hadn't seen this beforehand. Suddenly, you stopped chewing midway, remembering when you changed in front of him while he was cat form.

"Are you okay? You look pale," he glanced at you with concern.

"You saw me half naked," you shuttered, unable to look him in the eye, "Oh god, I'm so sorry you had to see that."

"I'm not," he grinned, "It was a nice view."