Inexplicable - Castiel

~(A/N: Hey everybody! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmahanukwanzaa(Christmas/Hannukkah/ Kwanzaa) or any other festivities you celebrate. Didn't feel that Christmassy for me though since it was blazing hot in New York City for once. Anyway, this was requested by @NERDALERTGUYS . Sorry this one wasn't as long as my usual one-shots. but I tried my best and I hope you all enjoy it^.^. More one-shots are coming soon since I'm now going to be more focused on writing for the rest of my winter(more like summer due to all this global warming) break.)~

For a while now, you just haven't been exactly the ball of joy you used to be. You didn't really have a reason, it's just that nothing seemed to excite you like they used to. Luckily, you were able to keep a poker face on in front of the brothers, but nothing could get past Castiel. He was still new to human emotions, but grew very familiar to sensing sadness.

"(Y/N), why must you hide your sorrow?" Castiel asked, deciding it was the right time since the boys were off on a hunt.

"What?" you asked with a mouth full of (your favorite cereal), hoping you just heard wrong.

"(Y/N), I've become very knowledgeable of the clues and hints to tell that someone is sad inside. And although you've got the Winchesters fooled, I can see through your disguise," Castiel said, causing you to gulp your cereal nervously and set your spoon down.

"You're not wrong," you admitted, avoiding his gaze.

The angel tilted his head in confusion, "What is it that makes you sad? Are you not satisfied with your life?"

"Yes?No," You shook your head, "I don't know. I can't really explain it. Nothing's the same anymore."

"What changed?"

You shrugged, "Me? Everything just feels pointless now. I don't know why, but it just does." You clutched your face with the palm of your hands, seeming exhausted.

Castiel frowned, walking over to you. He gently placed a hand on your shoulder, causing you to look up at him. Without warning, you stood up and wrapped your arms around him. He was surprised at first, but hugged you back, resting his chin on your head. The angel wasn't used to comforting people, so he patted your back awkwardly, hoping that would somehow make you feel better.

"(Y/N)?"

You pulled away a bit to glance up at him, "Yeah?"

"I must confess something," he muttered, gazing into your (E/C) eyes.

"What is it?"

He raised his free hand up onto your cheek, sliding his thumb down your chin. "I may not completely know what love is, but I think I feel that way for you. And seeing you like this, filled with such sorrow, pains me because I am not sure how to help."

"Cas," you held his hand, keeping it on your face, "I wish I didn't feel like this, but I just do. Depression isn't always curable. And sometimes it just comes and goes. But I'm glad you're the first person to actually see the real me under the mask I hide around day in and day out."

You leaned closer to him, shutting your eyes slowly. Castiel took the hint and closed his eyes as well, pressing his lips softly onto yours. Your lips melded perfectly and at the same rhythm; it was like you two had become one and time had slowed down around you. For a long time, you had no motivation, no meaning to go on, but this- this was different. You felt something that you hadn't felt in a long time; something you were yearning inside, but wasn't sure how to act on it. Love.