Freak - Jack Kline

Prompt: Reader meets Jack and unknowingly makes Jack feel better about himself.
Warnings: None? Season 13 spoilers
Word Count: 697

See you think you can use this freak, but I know how it ends. It ends bad.

I can hardly look at the kid.

Don't act like you care about him, because you only care about what he can do for you.

Dean's words hit hard. They hit hard like a sucker punch to the face. Ever since Jack overheard Sam and Dean talking about how "evil" he apparently was, nothing was the same. He truly believed in what Dean said. He thought, maybe he was a danger to others and maybe Castiel was wrong about him being the change that the world needed. Dean was right, he was a freak.

While the Winchester brother's were fast asleep, Jack managed to slip out of the bunker unnoticed. Once he was out, he just walked. He kept walking, unsure where he'd end up but he was sure he wanted to be as far from the Winchesters as possible. He was nothing but a threat to them.

Eventually he got to a nearby city and was walking along when he heard a screech from down in an alley. "Somebody help!" He heard the scream just a few feet away from him.

"Shut your mouth and just give me your money!" Jack followed the second voice, going further into the alley. He stopped at the sight of a man hovering over someone who looked around Jack's age, cowering in fear. The taller man had a gun raised at the person's head.

"I'm telling you! I don't have any money dude! I'm in college!" the person cried, holding their hands up to surrender. "I'm broke! If anything I should be robbing you!"

"Stop acting smart and just give me your money!"

"Hey!" Jack shouted, making the robber turn in shock.

"This isn't any of your business man, just run along," he said, showing him his gun as a threat.

"No," Jack stood his ground, walking closer. "Leave (her/him) alone."

"Hey man, don't come any closer!" He raised his gun to Jack's chest.

Jack ignored his warnings, stepping forward again. "I warned you," the man shot at Jack once, but he didn't do so much as flinch. "What the hell?!"

The man kept shooting, but Jack continued walking calmly until he waved his hand, making the gun fly off. He grabbed the man by his collar and lifted him up like he was weightless, before tossing him across the alley. Still in shock, the man stumbled away and ran.

"Woah! That was so cool!"

"Huh?" Jack turned back around the face you.

"You're like a friggin super hero man! The way you just threw that guy like he was nothing! And then when he shot at you, you barely even flinched or anything! How'd you do that?!" Your eyes were wide with excitement.

"You think I'm cool?" Jack remained confused.

"Of course I do! I mean you just saved my life!" You beamed. "You're like...my hero."

"Your... hero," Jack smiled at the thought. People don't fear heir heroes, right?

"Are you okay though? I mean you seem okay," you felt around on his chest at the areas where he got shot, but it's like nothing was there, just the stains on his shirt. "Has anyone told you you're like a young Steve Rogers? But like...after he got jacked."

"Uh..."

"Can I get you lunch? I feel like I owe you for practically saving my life."

"Sure," Jack nodded. All Jack could think of before then was how much of a danger he was and how he couldn't use his powers for good. Yet, you seemed to wash all those thoughts away. You made him feel like he could be good. Slowly, but surely, he could make a positive impact on people.

"Awesome!" You took his hand, leading the way. "Oh by the way, I was serious when I said a was a broke collage student. You don't mind ramen and a hot pocket for lunch right? And I only have one Capri sun in my mini fridge but I'm willing to share. Oh and I think I still have that cookie I stole from the dining hall a week ago..."