Chapter 24

Jennifer's POV:

What the hell is he doing here? I've cheated on him twice and he still wants to see me?
We stand there for a few minutes not saying a word. Before he finally decides to speak up.

"Um do you mind if I come in? I'm kind of getting drenched out here."

"Oh yea um sorry, come in." I step to the side and allow him to come in. I shut the door and walk over to the cabinet in the laundry. I pull out a big fluffy brown towel and walk over to Josh.

"Here you go, I still have some of your clothes here if you would like to change."

"Yes thanks that would be nice. Do you mind if I use your shower as well?"

"Of course you can. Just use mine, you know where it is." As soon as I say this I see a hurt look on his face and straight away know that there must me one on mine. He nods subtly before quietly walking to my bathroom. When I hear the door shut I fall back onto the couch and let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

What am I going to say when Josh comes out? I can't even express how much I love him. I can't even begin to explain how much I hate myself for what I did. How will he ever forgive me? How would he ever love me again?

I really thought and still hope that maybe, just maybe Josh can still be the one I marry and start a family with. I want that so badly it hurts. When we were filming the epilogue scene of Mockingjay Part 2, Josh played with my nephew and it made my heart melt. It made me imagine that, that could be our child being in his arms and him playing around with him. But that is far out of my reach.

After about fifteen minutes I hear the shower turn off and Josh comes out in a new change of clothes. He must have remembered where I always use to put his clothes. He walks over and sits on the couch next to the one I'm laying on.

Here goes, "Josh?"

He looks up at me before mumbling, "mhmm"

"Why did you come here? It has to be something."

"Because I miss you Jen, of course I still love you. I don't know how I do after what you have done but I just do. I had to see you."

I hear him sniffle and notice that his eyes have now become glossy, which then instantly brings tears to mind.

"Josh, I'm so sorry. I will never forgive myself for what I put you through. I love you so much that it hurts. When I'm not with you my heart aches to the point it hurts. Earlier tonight I was on Skype with my Mum and I told her everything that had happened and then she asked me one question, and that was do you think that Josh could be the one. Do you want to know what I said?"

He sniffs and gives me a small nod.

"I said yes Josh. I do think you are the one, I want to marry you, I want to have a family with you, because no matter what I know that if you aren't by my side forever then I will always be incomplete."

I hear a sob come from him which then makes me start to cry. I quietly hop off of the couch and walk over to him. As soon as I get by his side he pulls me to him and hugs me with everything he has. I pull him close and he buries his head in between my neck and breasts. I pull him even closer if that is even possible and I bury my head in his neck and rub my hand through his hair.

And this is how we stay for the rest of the night. Tangled in each other sobbing our eyes out.

🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾

Oh my lord was that chapter bad but oh well.

I don't really have an excuse for not writing apart from I was writing another story and that I'm sorry.

Anyway 10 comments for the next chapter!