Chapter 3. New Home

Astrid's POV.
....................................
I nodded to Hiccup. He smiled back and then took off into the sky and disappeared. A few tears started to fall from my eyes. Stop it Astrid! Your a warrior! Not a cry baby! I mentally scolded myself. Stoick suddenly looked at me. I froze on the spot. He advanced towards me and then grabbed my arm and pulled me into the middle of the ring. I stumbled a bit, but managed to keep my feet.
"Did you know about Hiccup and that beast?!" He yelled at me. He was standing tall, but glaring daggers at me at the same time. For the first time.....I was actually terrified.
"Well?!!"
"Uhh......umm.............well.........I....followed Hiccup.....into forest once.....and he was training the Night Fury." I blurted the last part out. Vikings gasped around me. And some gave me disapproving looks.
"And you didn't care to tell me?" Stoick asked more relaxed.
"I ......only found out yesterday...sir." I stumbled my words. He was precariously close to me. And it was kind of frightening.
"Don't blame the lass Stoick. She was probably shocked and couldn't tell anyone." Gobber butted in.
"I won't punish you Astrid. Just don't let me catch you around a trained beast." Stoick warned me and then walked away. I sighed and sat down on the ground with a thud. Everyone had disappeared. Or so I thought. Fishlegs stepped over to me quietly.
"What do you want?!" I snapped at him, standing up.
"Will......will Hiccup......survive?" He asked. I relaxed, realising that he was also concerned about Hiccup. I turned my gaze to the door of the arena.
"He trusts that Night Fury. And Hiccup trusts it. And.......I trust it." I turned and looked back at a confused Fishlegs.
"You trust a Night Fury?!"
"I didn't. But when I had no other choice but to get on, I realised that it is possible to train a dragon."
"I have to admit that.......that it's pretty cool to be able to train a a dragon."
"Yeah." I said walking away.
.................................................................................
Hiccup's POV.
........................................
Toothless and I had now been flying for three hours and I spotted an island ahead.
"Let's land there bud." Toothless landed and I dismounted. A Deadly Nadder jumped out of the bush and spiked its tail. I tried to stay in its blind spot but to no avail.
"Toothless!" I yelled. He jumped in front of me and roared at the Nadder. It backed up and eventually flew away.
"Nice job bud!" I praised him. He purred back. I looked at our surroundings. It was mainly trees and bushes but in one spot was a cliff. Mounting Toothless, we took off up to the cliff and found a large cave. It had a wide opening and was very deep inside. And it had a fine view of the island.
"I think we will make this our home now."