Chapter 11. Revealed

Hiccup's POV.
........................................
I couldn't believe that I had told Gobber what my real name was. And worse yet, he had told the gang!
"Hiccup?! Is it really you?" Fishlegs approached me. I sighed and reached for my mask which was still on. Astrid's hand suddenly grabbed my hand and stopped me.
"Just....be...be careful." She stammered and moved her hand away. I nodded and took my mask off altogether. Snotlout gasped first.
"Cousin! Your alive!!" He ran up and tackled me into a hug. Fishlegs and Tuffnut followed suit.
"Can't.....breath!" I shoved them off me.
"Ruffnut? Are you ok?" Gobber asked a wide eyed Ruff. She stared me up and down. Her eyes weren't the usual eyes full of mischief, they were full of something she only just found out. Unfortunately for her, Astrid and I were having none of it.
"Earth to Ruffnut!" Tuffnut clicked his fingers in her face. She blinked her eyes a couple of times and then punched Tuffnut full in the face. Causing him to stumble back.
"I can see stars.............Do it again!!" He said dreamily. Ruff didn't respond. Instead she walked directly up to me and stopped an inch away from my face. Astrid clutched her axe tightly, making her knuckles turn white.
"What did you do? You are way stronger, and more handsome than before." She remarked seductively. Astrid's anger was at its peak now. She gave a Viking war cry and charged full on at Ruff, hitting her with a deathly blow to the back of her neck. Ruff fell to the ground and Astrid stood over her. I'm sure that if she was a dragon, she would have hissed or fired something at Ruff.
"Yep. She's still the same old Astrid." Gobber remarked.
..................................................................................
Astrid's POV.
.................................
I glared full on at Ruffnut. How dare she even think about taking Hiccup from me! She was at first scared, but she slowly started to relaxe. And a smirk crept across her face.
"Wipe that smile if your face! Or I will!" I snarled at her. I knew that the others were watching, I could feel there eyes on me and her. And Hiccup. Of all people I expected him to do something. He usually always stops a fight between me and whoever I'm fighting. Was he judging to see which girl was better? Or was he just allowing Ruff to fightme, so I can test my skills and strength? I hope it was the last one. Ruff must've sensed my distraction. Because she kicked me in the back, causing me to face plant the sandy beach. I stood up and dusted the sand off my face and hands, and then looked around. Hiccup was staring at me and then he'd look up the beach. I followed his gaze and spotted a disappearing Ruffnut.
"Get back here you MONGREL!! I ain't finished with you yet!!" I yelled to Ruff. I quickly whistled Stormfly and she ran up to me. I jumped on her and she took off after Ruff. It took only a few seconds to reach her. Stormfly shot a row of spikes that chased Ruff, but didn't hit her. In fact, she ran even faster. Straight for some trees, and behind that row if trees was the forge and the....cells! Now I know what to do. I guided Stormfly over the trees and down to the stables. Alvin was pacing back and forth.
"Alvin! A girl will run here in a second, make sure she doesn't get away!" I ordered. Alvin nodded and jumped behind a boulder. Some of his people that we had been training followed suit. Stormfly landed and ran into her stable. I was already in the forge grabbing a few daggers. Within seconds of me running into the Forge a tired Ruff ran in.
"Glad you could join the party!" I growled. She backed up and turned to run but Alvin was already standing there. She was now against the rock wall.
"Alvin!" She gasped, and for the first time ever she screamed. She screamed Tuff's name.
"Tuff isn't coming. No one is. And your gonna pay for even trying to steal Hiccup from me, you little rat!" I then grabbed two daggers and threw them at her. They landed either side if her neck but never touched the skin.
"Your not the Astrid I remember. Who are you?!" She gasped in shock. She did have a point. Back on Berk, the worst thing I would do is punch someone or kick them where the sun doesn't shine. But ever since I've lived here with Hiccup, I've now become faster, stronger, more feisty, and better with more weapons that an axe. She was right. I have changed, I'm not the Astrid that I used to be.
"Hiccup isn't the Hiccup we thought he was either. I have changed! And for the better. Before Hiccup left Berk I was a dragon killer, and one of the best too. Than I realised what Hiccup was up too. Training and befriending a dragon if any sort was a crime on Berk. But Hiccup, the Chief's son, went against that tradition. And when he left I realised that I never wanted to kill a dragon of any sort! Stoick wasn't happy. And he tried to find any little thing that I could possibly be doing against tradition or the rules. And finally, he saw me watch a child being eaten by a Monstrous Nightmare! I couldn't do anything! But he didn't see that, he just pointed his sword at my throat and was about to kill me. Hiccup saved my life! And I will do anything to save his, even if it meant sparing my life. And so for you to come along and even talk to him in a nice manner disgusts me!!" I shouted at her. She was frozen to the spot now. Alvin even seemed surprised at my comment.
"Did that seriously happen to you?" Alvin asked. I nodded.
"Look Astrid. I'm sorry. I...I didn't realise that you loved Hiccup that much. And I didn't realise that Stoick was doing that to you. Please....forgive me." She pleaded. Her plead made me lower my axe and stare at the ground. Is she really sorry? I thought.
"Alright, I forgive you. Just don't flirt with Hiccup again!"
"Okay." Ruff replied with a sigh. I walked away and Ruff followed me closely, until Hiccup landed. He had a smile on his face when he saw that I wasn't trying to kill Ruffnut.
"So you two are good now?" He gestured to me and then Ruff.
"Yep, we're good." I replied. Just then Gobber came running through followed by Snotlout, Fishlegs, and Tuffnut.
"What's wrong?" Hiccup jogged to them.
"Hideous.......Zippleback.....blew....up our.....ship." Fishlegs gasped for air. Hiccup looked at the ragged group and suddenly burst out laughing. I laughed too.
"What's so funny?! All our supplies are on there! And now they are all gone!" Snotlout yelled. Hiccup started to laugh again, causing Alvin and some of his men to laugh as well. I calmed myself down and made a deep call. A green Hideous Zippleback landed in front of me.
"Was this the culprit?"
"Yes! It was that little mongrel!" Gobber growled. Ruffnut came up behind me and whispered something in my ear. My eyebrows raised at what she said.
"I think Tuffnut just found his dream dragon." Was what she said. I looked over at Tuff and saw his eyes all watery.
"Are...are you crying Tuffnut?" I asked. His head shot up and he wiped his eyes quickly.
"What?! No! Boys don't cry! I must have had some hair in them. Most likely Ruff's hair, she is malting often." Tuff argued back. Ruff gave her brother a glare. He just glared back.
"If you wish to stay on my island, you have to ride a dragon." Hiccup decided to change the subject. Ruff and Tuff's heads both shot up.
"We bags the Zippleback!!"
"Great!" Hiccup said. He then showed them how to bond and within a few minutes they had named the Zippleback and were riding it. Ruff was on one head named Barf. And Tuff was on the other head named Belch. Hiccup turned to Fishlegs.
"Oh dear!" Fishlegs whimpered when Hiccup brought out a brown female Gronckle.
"Relax Fishlegs. She ain't gonna hurt you. Now, just raise your hand up to her and turn your head away. Yeah! That's it." Hiccup commended Fishlegs. Fishlegs had a smile so big I'm sure it could have split his head in half! He cuddled the Gronckle happily. And he named it Meatlug. I turned to Snotlout. With his stubborn and selfish attitude, I think a Monstrous Nightmare would suit him best.
"Snotlout. What colour Nightmare do you like the best?" I gestured to three Nightmares. The first was a green and yellow. The second was red and dark red striped. And the last was grey and blue.
"I like the middle one! With all the red on it!" Snotlout pointed to the red male.
"Good choice. Now copy what Hiccup showed the twins and Fishlegs."
"Ok." Snotlout walked confidently up to the male and stuck his hand out. The Nightmare sniffed at it and then growled.
"Your head! Turn your head away!" I yelled.
"Are you crazy! That thing could kill me!" Snotlout stepped back a bit.
"Do it or your gonna be left behind!" Hiccup stepped in. Snotlout glanced back at the Nightmare and turned his head away and slowly stretched his hand out. The Nightmare's whole outlook changed. It's eyes widened and he nuzzled Snotlout's hand. And Snotlout named it Hookfang.
"Great! Who's next?" Hiccup turned around only to see Gobber.
"I'm happy with my foot and wooden leg on the grounded thanks!" Gobber snapped. Hiccup smirked and them made a low grumble sound. A Hotburple landed about five minutes later.
"Trust me Gobber. Just try and train a dragon. It's for the better." Hiccup tried to persuade Gobber. He reluctantly gave in. I'm not going to explain how the training went. But in the end it succeeded. And by evening we were all in the air having the time of our lives.