Chapter 26. Loyalty

1 month later
3 persons POV.
................................................
Well, it's been a month now and life on Berk, Haddock Island, Outcast Island and Dragon Island, had become much better. Hiccup and the gang still lived on Haddock Island but visited Berk regularly. Stoick had excepted dragons and he rode his own. That same Rumblehorn that protected him in that battle. Alvin had put his people to work and made Outcast Island look more inviting for dragons. They dug up the soil and planted trees and shrubs. And even though it's been just a month it looks way better. Hiccup had held a meeting with every dragon within miles and miles around about Dragon Island. He now used the island for nursing the sick, injured, and pregnant. Also he built a small academy there to train the newly hatched baby's.
Hiccup had also become friends with his father once again. And the two used to spend heaps of time together. Astrid had also become closer to Hiccup. To the point that Hiccup had proposed to her a few days back and she excepted! The wedding was another two months away though.
Snotlout was trying to get closer to Ruffnut, but she kept her eyes on Rocky. And yes, Rocky still had Sandclaw. He worked with Fishlegs now. They would travel around islands and study dragons and write it in the Book of Dragons. Sandclaw and Toothless had become best mates. They hung out a lot, similar to Stoick and Hiccup.

Hiccup did travel a lot, and he still does. But he always returns because of Astrid. However, one night when he returned from a weeks worth of traveling he brought another dragon and dragon rider with him.
"Hiccup! I've been so worried......who is that?" Astrid asked Hiccup, who had an amused look on his face. The rest of the gang had woken up to Astrid's voice and they all came out to see what to trouble was all about.
"Hiccup! Your home!" Rocky smiled.
"Did you find any new dragons? Who is that behind you?" Fishlegs asked curiously.
"Everyone. I'd like you to meet Cloudjumper, and his rider Valka. My mum." Hiccup had the biggest smile on his face. Valka stepped forward and shook hands with each of the gang.
"As you have heard, I'm Valka Haddock. And this is my Stormcutter dragon named Cloudjumper." Valka gestured to the dragon. He was bigger that the others.
"And can I ask, who is the lucky lady?"
"Astrid, don't be shy. Mum won't hurt you." Hiccup lightly scolded Astrid for not speaking immediately. Astrid stepped forward and sidled over to Hiccup.
"Well, I never. Astrid Hofferson. I knew you when you were just a wee baby!" Valka praised her and talked with Astrid for a while.
Hiccup soon introduced Valka and Stoick back together. They were so happy, and couldn't let each other go! Valka brought her dragons over, including the Bewilderbeast, and they all lived on the three different islands. Outcast Island was to full at the moment.

So I will end this story here. The story of a legend. A leader. A Cheif. A freind. And probably a to be dad. Hiccup Haddock III, trainer of dragons, protecter of people, the peacekeeper. May he be well remembered as a fantasy of the mind and perhaps you can remember some of the morals that he kept. Be kind, courageous, strong, friendly, and willing to work on something until you get it. But above all, remember Hiccup's loyalty. That's a quality we should all acquire.