Chapter 16. Meet and greet

Hiccup's POV.
.........................................
"Are you okay Hiccup?" Astrid asked me worriedly.
"Hmmm.....oh, sorry. I just can't stop thinking about that guy they were executing. He just seemed..."
"Different?" Toothless answered my question.
"Did Toothless say 'Different'?" Astrid frowned. I nodded.
"I can't believe I'm saying this but.....lets go back."
"What?!" Everyone stared at me.
"Good idea." Toothless said before roaring at the other dragons. They growled back.
"What are they saying?" Fishlegs clutched Meatlug even harder.
"Toothless is telling the other dragons to follow him." I replied.
"Huh?"
"Let's go!" Toothless roared, taking control of the dragons. We all turned and headed back to Berk.

Next day.

Rocky's POV.
...................................
The crowd seemed to be closing in as Gobber led me down towards a cliff. My death sentence was to be thrown off the cliff and die a dreadful death. We stopped at the edge and turned back to the crowd. Stoick walked over until he was just a few inches away from me.
"Any last words?" He smirked.
"Actually, I do." I replied smugly. He frowned but allowed me to speak. I walked to the edge of the cliff and looked down. Sharp pointy crags and rocks were my invitation below. I sighed and turned back to the crowd.
"I only have one thing to say to you.....you stubborn people. That, although I will die today, I will have somehow proven to you that you......" I stopped mid-sentence because a Deadly Nadder landed lightly on a roof. A female rider, that sat upon it, made some sign language to me.
"You what?" Stoick growled. I turned and looked at him blankly.
"Oh, yes. Like I was saying, you can train dragons!" I finished quickly. Gobber grabbed me and pushed me towards the edge. Stoick walked into the crowd that had backed away slightly. I turned back to the rocks and sea below me. A dark shape whizzed in and out of the rocks. Gobber leaned in so close to me that I could smell his fishy beard.
"I believe you." He whispered before pushing me off the cliff.

I screamed so loud that Thunderdrums would have evacuated at my sound. The grassy cliff that Gobber pushed me off was disappearing fast, and the rocks and sea below were coming closer by the second. I closed my eyes before impact. "SWISH...........BOOM!!!" A explosion set off below me. Wait, below me? I opened my eyes only to see smoke and a black tail with a red part.
"Welcome aboard!" A cheerful voice said behind me. I turned to see the same young man that had spoken to Stoick yesterday.
"Thank you!" I replied in shock and happiness. I shuffled my position around so that I wasn't going backwards. The Night Fury aimed towards a large chuck of ice. He landed and the man and I both jumped off. He whipped out a knife and cut the rope that was around my feet and my hands.
"Thank you again, my friend."
"No problem. What's your name?" He asked me.
"Rocky Newton. Yours?" I replied.
"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the III."
"Well Hiccup, I can't say thank you enough." I said again. He smiled before glancing behind me. I turned to see a Gronckle, Hideous Zippleback, Monstrous Nightmare, and the same young woman that had talked to me ( through sign-language ) mounted upon the Deadly Nadder. Each dragon had a rider I noticed. The girl jumped off the Nadder and walked up to me.
"Hiccup. What is so special about this kid?" She snapped.
"Astrid, I would like you to meet Rocky Newton. Rocky, this is my girlfriend Astrid." Hiccup quickly introduced Astrid to me.
"Nice to meet you Astrid." I tried to lighten the mood. She stared at me blankly before talking to Hiccup again.
"So what are we going to do with him?!"
"Let's just be friendly, I don't save people unless theirs a good reason." Hiccup kissed her on the cheek before turning back to me.
"I'll introduce you to everyone else when we get back home."
"Home?" I questioned.
"Well you'll be staying with us until further notice." He answered quickly. I nodded in understanding. He jumped on the Night Fury and then pulled me on behind me. I griped the side of the saddle as we all took off into the bright sunlight sky.