A witch's heart

"Blair!" Tsubaki exclaimed, seeing the magic cat fighting fiercely with Katherine. Blair's foot made contact with the witch's chin, shooting her Halloween Cannon at her when she was distracted. Katherine took a little to get up from the floor but when she did, she made her broom appear and flew quickly to the magic cat, fighting her again just to be sent to the floor again by Blair's fists. She turned to look at the Chain Scythe. "What are you doing here?" Tsubaki asked, astonished of the amazing fighting skills Blair had. "I came home and Maka and Soul weren't there, and then I heard a loud noise coming from here, and I wanted to help!" she said happily. Katherine got up again and tried to hit Blair repeatedly, but she grabbed her by the ankle, so the witch was upside down. "Put me down, put me down you stupid witch!" she struggled, as Blair turned and glared at her. "Who are you calling witch? I'm just a cat with a ridiculous amount of power." She introduced with a smile, her hands glowing. "Pump-pumpkin-pumpkin..." Katherine's eyes widened. "TRAPPING PUMPKIN!" A scream was heard, then a great light blinding Tsubaki and BlackStar, who was panicking from the spell of his neck. Katherine appeared, once the steamed cleared off, trapped in a big floating pumpkin. "What have you done? Get me out!" she yelled, hitting it with her fists. "Don't even try, little girl. You're trapped and can't use any magic." Blair crossed her arms sassily, as Katherine smirked. "Well, I don't care. You won't be able to do anything for him!" she pointed at BlackStar, as Blair turned. "It's a spell that kills both him and the caster. He only has thirty seconds before it works." Tsubaki explained, panicking. Suddenly, Blair started to laugh loudly, causing everyone to frown. "What are you laughing at?" Katherine asked. "This is, like, the oldest trick in the world!" Blair walked besides BlackStar, looking at his neck closely. "This is the thing about using spells that are banned: they are easy to cancel. Pump-pumpkin-pumpkin!" Blair said happily, as the marks on his neck slowly started to dissapear. "Spell canceler pumpkin!" Tsubaki then gasped, seeing no trail of marks on his neck as she hugged BlackStar, out of gratefullness. "HA! You will need more than that to beat a god like me! I AM THE ALL MIGHTY BLACKSTAR, KNEEL BEFORE ME YOU RAT!" He screamed. "I AM NOT A RAT! AND WHY DIDN'T THE MARKS ON MY NECK DISSAPEAR?!" Katherine yelled, fear present in her voice as her hands rested on her neck, feeling the black stripes. "Well, I don't like kids, so I won't cancel yours." Blair said, looking at her nails. Suddenly, the marks on her neck started to glow, as she sighed, knowing it was her time to die. "It was a pleasure fighting you, Blair the cat." Katherine said, before a loud explosion sounded, making BlackStar hug Tsubaki protectively and Blair's Trapping Pumpkin to explode, along with the witch. Once the three stood up and looked, all that was left was a pink floating soul.

To Stein and Marie ~

"Soul resonence!!" Stein and Marie said at the same time, causing the mace to turn bigger, as the Proffesor jumped and tried to hit Debora hardly with it, but she dodged it. Suddenly, the witch stopped, raising her eyebrow. Stein then noticed something as well as he stood on the floor, breathing heavily. "What's wrong, Stein?" Marie asked, worried. "The little witch's soul. I don't sense it anymore. BlackStar and Tsubaki must have defeated her." He answered, hearing Debora sighing. "To think all the time I spent training Katherine, and she dies by the hands of a little kid and his stupid weapon. Pathetic." She said disgustingly. "You know? You remind me of a with I fought once, who also acted like that to her own child." Stein admitted, the image of a certain witch that fought with snakes coming to his mind. "Is that so?" Debora crossed her arms, seeing Stein on a fighting stance. "Yeah, and I despised that witch." He said, running towards her. "I will not fight back, just so you know." She said, making Stein stop abruptly. "You're not?" he asked, raising his eyebrow. "I may be disappointed by Katherine, but she was my daughter." She said, her eyes starting to water. "Even witches have a heart, you know? We have emotions and we feel for others. You shouldn't trust so blindly everything that Lord Death says. Not all witches are heartless monsters. Not all witches are uncapable of feeling." She looked down, as Stein chuckled. "You may be right, but that doesn't quit the fact that you damaged an innocent kid and tried to kill us." Stein jumped in front of her and prepared to hit her. "Without my daughter, I have no reason to keep living." Were her last words before her head was crushed by the mace, tons of black blood splitting on the floor, and the rest of her body dissapearing leaving a red soul. Stein sat on the floor, exhausted form all the fighting. The weapon transformed, turning into Marie, who stood next to him. "She... she actually cared about her daughter... this witch died for her child." The woman said out loud, looking at the soul. "Yeah, that's actually different from Medusa." Stein laughed. "Proffesor!!" they heard, as they turned to see BlackStar and Tsubaki running towards them. The girl was holding a cat in her arms. "Guys, are you okay?" Marie asked, seeing them nod. "Blair defeated the witch, she saved BlackStar!" Tsubaki exclaimed, looking at the cat. "She didn't save me, the all mighty BlackStar doesn't need to be saved by anyone!" He laughed, earning weird looks from the rest. "Okay... we defeated the witch that hurt Kid as well." Maire told them, as they nodded. "I still feel a pretty strong soul wavelength, Maka and Soul must be fighting it." Stein frowned.

At the DWMA's infirmary ~

Liz sat next to the bed where Kid was lying, waiting for her sister to come back from the bathroom. The pistol looked down at her meister, his yellow-ish skin, the frown on his face, the drops of sweat down his forehead, his chest raising and falling in exhaustion. "Kid... remember when we met? When I pointed at you with Patti, you looked so calm... if I had known at the time that you were a Grim Reaper, I would have gotten a heart attack." She laughed, looking at his sleeping face. "We've gone through so much..." she said, remembering all those times they fought along, and not only fought. Every time Liz would be annoyed by Kid's OCD, the times he would help her make her eyebrows symmetrical, the times Kid would help Patti draw giraffes, the times they laughed, got angry at each other, all those times Liz would get mad at him for being an annoying brat. An annoying brat that she now missed more than anything. "You saved us, we depend on you. We've achieved so much during this time. Don't let our efforts go to waste. Don't die on us." She pleaded, starting to cry again.