Dresses and nightmares

"Patti! What’s taking you so long?" Liz cried. She has been waiting over ten minutes for her little sister to come out of the bathroom. It was 10:19 and Liz and Patti just woke up, of course making their beds first thing because if Kid sees their beds unmade he would start talking things about how asymmetrical is. It was so annoying to everybody, including Liz and Patti, yet they found a way to get used to and learn how to live with it, when they realized they couldn’t change him.

"Almost done! God, quit being so impatient!" Patti giggled. Liz sighed and headed towards Kid’s room. She knocked, but no one answered. She started hearing some whimpers as she turned the knob to find her meister lying on the floor crying. ‘What now?’ She thought.

"Kid, what happened?" She said, sounding more frustrated than she wanted to. He just pointed at the left lamp of his nightstand. He had one on each side of his bed, in perfect symmetry. Liz walked towards the lamp and saw that the it didn’t turn on.

"The bulb broke, so what? We’ll get you a new one." Kid lifted his head and looked surprised at Liz.

"‘So what?’ Liz?" He stood up. "I’ll tell you what. I just can’t look at my reflection on the mirror knowing that here, in my own room; I have one lamp working and not the other one!" He cried. "I’m garbage, I’m asymmetrical garbage, I don’t deserve to breath!" he collapsed on the floor again. Liz sighed and she took the broken bulb of the lamp, she saw her little sister popped her head on the door.

"What’s wrong, Kid?" She asked. Liz showed her the broken bulb and Kid cried a little more about him being a useless piece of trash. Patti laughed and went to the other lamp, taking the other bulb and throwing it to the floor.

"There! Now you have two lamps that aren’t working! You’re welcome!" She said proudly. Kid stood up and looked at her.

"DAMMIT PATTI!" He yelled. Patti looked at him surprised. Wasn’t this what he wanted? Sometimes she didn’t understand Kid. Her meister sighed, realizing that it was actually symmetry. "Thank you." He said. "Now leave me alone so I can get dressed." Patti picked up the pieces of the broken bulb and left the room. Liz followed her, leaving the room with a "whatever you say, freak".

"What are you doing today, Kid?" Patti said happily while eating her multi colored cereal.

"Don’t know. Probably go and help my father to set some things for the party tonight. What about you two?" Kid said.

"We are going shopping! With Tsubaki and Maka. Well, at first Maka didn’t want to go, but we did convince her. They’ll be here in like twenty minutes." She responded. Liz looked to the clock, 12:39. Both she and Patti were so excited about tonight, mostly Liz. After almost two hours of talking with Kid, he had agreed to let them wear the dresses they wanted to wear. Every time they went to any party or dance, they had to wear the same suits that did not favor them at all. They both had amazing bodies but no one could see that when they were on those awful suits. They made Kid promise: tonight is a very special night for everybody, especially for them, since they almost gave their life to kill the kishin. So it was official; tonight they were wearing beautiful dresses, and they were going to feel beautiful on them. When the three finished their breakfast it was Kid’s turn to do the dishes, the clock said 12:48, and Patti started drawing giraffes. Again. Liz was watching TV when the doorbell rang. Liz saw it was 1:06, so she thought that it must be Maka and Tsubaki. She got up but Patti ran to the door before she could even say a word. She was sure when Patti yelled "HELLO GIRRRRRRRRRRRLS!" She laughed silently.

"You guys are ready to go?" Asked Tsubaki. "Sure, wait." Said Liz. "Kid, we’re leaving!" She waited for him to answer. "Bye!" He said. Patti yelled a last "Goodbye Kid!" before leaving the reaper alone.