C H A P T E R 8

Dedicated to MzzAlsina because I wouldn't have updated tonight if not for her.

MONICA

|

"Come on baby, answer the damn phone!" I screamed, after watching the news I could only imagine how my lover felt right now.

The loss that they're experiencing at this very moment, they truly didn't deserve this. After years of secretly being together they'd done so much for me. The only thing that I ever really wanted was for us to be together, but circumstances changed that. I called sixteen more times to only go straight to voicemail. I cried, unsure of what to do.

"Mommy, wat' wrong," I heard a little voice squeak. Than entered my two year old son, Kason.

"Nothing baby, go and get some clothes together. You're spending the night by Granby."

"Otay mommy, but I wanna go by Lili," he frowned.

"You'll be able to see her later, but you have to go and stay by Granby right now okay baby," I held him I'm my arms kissing his little face.

"Otay mommy, I go and get me 'tuff."

I watched as he is little feet ran to his room. I wiped my face getting up to gather him some clothing, because at two he obviously couldn't do it.

I was so glad that he looked nothing like his father. That bastard did nothing but harm the both of us. He sold me to a pimp just so he could get drugs and threw my child into the trash literally! But that was almost two years ago, thankfully the sex ring he sold me to was one that was ran by my lover.

I packed Kason an over night bag and drove him to my mother's house. As much as I couldn't stand this woman, he loved her and I wasn't going to keep him away from her as long as she abided by the rules in which I raise my son.

"Hay baby," my mother beamed at my two year old.

"Gwanbyyyy!" His tiny voice chirped, running into her arms. I entered into the house, closing the door behind me as I sat down his things. I hurily turned to leave before my mother could stop me.

"Yuh' tryna' run huh? Where yuh' going? Ta' be homosexual wit' that lil' white girl of yours," my mother asked in disgust. I wish that I could have a more loving and accepting mother, but clearly that wasn't the case.

"Mother I would really appreciate it f you'd,-"

"If I what!? If I stop talking 'bout 'chu and ya' lil' lesbian girlfriend," she ranted. By now Kason had left to go in his room, I was so sick of this woman.

"You know what mom, I'm just going to leave. Just don't bring that type of ignorance around Kason," I concluded.

"Yea... What in the hell eva'. You know imma good example. Unlike yo' deviled ass," she mumbled. Before I could let anger get the best of me I hurriedly left. I made my way down the stairs of her porch before running into my sister Michelle, and her husband Sharawd. Sharawd was an ex-con, he was in jail for fifteen years because he raped three ten years old girls but got off on early release. I swear the government always does their jobs, right? Letting a child molester go free because he was good in the jailhouse, what a load of-

"Ya' droppin' yo' chile' off at mommas again huh? When you gon' take responsibility for what's yours and stop bein' a lil' hoe, and learn to keep ya' legs closed," she spat. I stopped in my tracks to see her dark brown eyes glare into my soul with hatred.

"I just have some business to handle Michelle, please do not start with me. I have done nothing to you," I defended. It was like my family hated me, and for what? They had no reason to treat me the way that they did. Was it because of my sexual preferences? No, I knew it was way deeper than that. I'm just to naïve to believe it. I don't know why I never stood up to my family, I always let them walk over me.