C H A P T E R 12

Angelique

|

Anger ran through my whole body as I thought of ways to kill Obdulio. After the last week with him I had no other choice but to lay low. No one but Rico and Rome knew where I was and that was only because Rome was tracking me and they both agreed with my father to never let anything happen to me.

"Angel the jet ready hurry up!" Rico screamed banging on the bathroom door of the hanger awaiting my jet. I ignored him continuing to inspect the still swollen lip and bruised eye that was still in the process of coming down.

"Damn Angel," he huffed again. I listened as his footsteps trailed away from the door. Adding on a bit more concealer I ran my hands along the my head to smooth it out and checking my bun.

"'Bout muthafuckin' time you brought yo' uppety ass outchea'," Rico complained as I exited the restroom.

"Shut the fuck up Rico! I got bodies from the past don't make me make a body out cho' ass!" I screamed stomping away to the plane. If he wasn't family I'd merk Rico's ass. Finding the seat that had my initials custom carved into I took and seat getting comfortable.

I had to get out of Cali for a while. All this stress is killing me and making me want to do things that I know I shouldn't. My papí always told me that in the game whenever I felt that way to take a break and think about what is the right decision to do next, because he was always going to be there when I got back to handle things. But he's not here now, and no one will be able to help me get through the shit that I'm going through because no one understood me like he did. I don't think that anyone ever will.

||

"Angel we here!" I heard a voice call out, waking me from my half sleepiness. I hadn't even noticed that I'd wound up falling asleep on the way.

"Where we at?" I groggily questioned stretching.

"Texas. On of the restaurants down here is baggin' so we needed to hit that one up real quick." He informed, basically saying that one of the houses papers look funny so we need to check it out.

"Fine," I grumbled getting up. "My food betta' be good though," I warned getting up. Telling him that my money should all be in order.

"Stop bein' so mean mami. You need daddy to give you a lil' sum' for the road." He smirked gesturing towards his dick.

I mugged him, not even bothering to give his stupid ass the time of day more than I had already. Stepping off of the plane there sat my awaiting black SUV. Since my legs were tired from sittng on that plane for damn near five hours.

"Damn mami keep walking like that. That ass lookin' just right too," Rico said coming behind me. My legs were wobbly from falling asleep.

"Rico I'ma blow yo' shit stop fucking with me!" I warned getting into the the Suburban and slamming the door. Rico got in behind me, signaling our driver to go.

"Angel I know you pissed right now so I'ma make this short mami." He started off looking at me. "What Obdulio did was fucked up and I want you to know that the very first time we catch up with that bandejo-"

"No." I stopped him "Leave that shit in the past. I'm running shit now and just cause I gotta few bruises from the big boys don't mean I gotta be protected. I rule my own shit, because ain't nobody responsible for me but me."

"Whatever you say mamí," he surrendered holding his hands up. "We finna hit Blue Cannon up first," he informed, telling me which we were going to.

We stayed silent the rest of the ride as I began to pick with my fingernails from boredom. The radio turned up a little louder as I heard some woman cite the biggest news of the day.