C H A P T E R 10

Angelique

|

I opened my eyes to see a sleeping Monica in my arms; I couldn't remember shit yesterday's events. I looked over to my phone to see it read 9:46am.

My father's dead.

The one man that I truly trusted is gone from me. Forever. My mind wasn't even moving straight at this point. I felt like I had so much shit to do.

Fuck mourning.

Fuck crying.

Fuck all of this shit.

My number one priority is my money, anything else is dead. I looked down at Monica, she was so beautiful when she slept. How could I say 'fuck her'?

But, I had to, it was the only way to not hurt her. Years of not putting a title of me fucking her whenever I felt like it wasn't love. I made her into a quick, but glorified fuck.

I gently rolled out of bed, steady not to wake Monica since she was a light sleeper. It felt like my entire body was numb as I stood up, stretching from the bed. Just as I was about to head for the bathroom, I heard I my phone ring. I hurriedly answered it before Monica woke up.

"Hello," I answered grogily, entering into the restroom and closing the door.

"Angelique," a husky male voice questioned. I pulled the phone away from my face, reading the screen: Papí.

"Who the fuck is this," I screamed into the phone. Someone must have been really fucking sick to try and call me from my dead father's phone.

"It's Rome." I stood there thinking for a second, my mind was already so heavy. Then I quickly remembered, Rome, he was my father's right hand man almost. When I was thirteen, and Rome fifteen my dad took him in, he said that Rome reminded him of himself.

Rome's mother was the average crack head whore while his father was M.I.A, so my dad too care of him. Rome was my first male love, but just like every relationship I fucked that up; I don't do relationships well.

"Angel," he called again.

"Yea... What the fuck you calling on his phone for?" I asked. I know it came out rude, but fuck right now I don't have nothing good to say or do. How could he even have my dad's phone when he way in New York and I'm in Cali?

"Cause I didn't have your number, and I didn't do anything to you, so what's wrong?" He asked sincerely, almost as if he cared, I know he honestly did. I hung up in his face, turning off my phone.

I stepped into the shower turning on only hot water. I stood there waiting to feel it burn my skin, for red marks to protrude my body. I felt numb, I couldn't feel anything. I watched as places my arms began to change to light pink, but I felt nothing. Looking at the showers built-in thermometer to see it read 131°, I didn't even feel this shit. I quickly washed my body, exiting out of the shower. I peeked out of the door to see Monica still asleep.

I got up walking to my closet, dressing myself in black skinny jeans, a black cami, black blazer, and black heels. I pulled my blonde hair into a tight bun, adding on some mascara.

I walked out to my garage, hopping in my Audi. As I pulled out of my garage I seen a bunch of photographers taking pictures. Thankfully all my windows was tinted, so they wouldn't get much.

||

"Ahh Angelique!" My Uncle Obdulio smiled, welcoming me with open arms, I quickly rejected that shit.